SDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

ORU is 3-8 over the past 6 weeks....and playing like it.....might not be pretty vs. Omaha on Saturday night....not sure what will change over the next 36 hours except for the opponent...and Omaha kicked Denver around last night....they are playing well....sounds like another loss....we need a miracle!....ugh....:ph34r:

SDSU has yet to met Omaha, but it looks to be a tough game. They got some good athletes. I think ORU is a year away from being a competitive team. There seemed to be several freshman playing, who just need the experience. ORU will soon be back on top.

1 hour ago, Nidaros said:

Old Titan, did we have too many whites guys? And we do belong on same floor as ORU.

"OOOOOOH, BURNNNNN!!" :lol:

Troll, I haven't spouted off on your message board for years since you guys became relevant.  That's the reward you get for your team raising their level of competitiveness.

Truth be told, I do read your basketball and baseball forums on occasion, if just to be reminded how much better the conversation is on this site.

But, hey - since you're here, like the other Dakotans who, in the internet equivalent of Ding-Dong-Ditch, insist on using this forum to pop-off only AFTER winning a game, could you make yourself useful by relaying a message to your little bunny friends?

• The ESPN3 broadcast team was/is EMPLOYED by ORU.  ORU bears the burden of ALL the production costs of the broadcast.  The only reason you get to watch the game for free in the comfort of your 3-bedroom igloo is because ORU went to the trouble to produce it AND strike a deal with ESPN to broadcast it.  So quit complaining about the so-called "homers" behind the microphone.  They're just doing their jobs.

• As for the crowd, I can say that the camera position behind sections A through D does not give an accurate portrayal of butts in the seats in the entire arena.  The tickets in sections J through M behind the benches that are always on TV are given by ORU Athletics to current and would-be donors, and are notoriously under used.  There may or may not have been 3100+ in attendance Thursday night, but regardless, It was a poorly-attended game.  Let's face it:  in this town, ORU vs. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE on a school night ain't exactly a marquee match-up.

• As for the "too many white guys" crack, all I know is that every time I see a pan shot of the bleachers in Jack Frost Arena, I feel like I'm at either a tractor pull or a Tea Party rally.  I'm sure all those fine folks would love nothing better than to hang with your starting backcourt in Minneapolis on a Saturday night, while the rest of the roster is shopping at Bass Pro Shop.

• And, what's with the "do WE this" and "do WE that" gloss?  YOU have done nothing to make SDSU basketball relevant, my friend.  I'm guessing your main contribution to the program is eating your weight in concession stand hot dogs and wearing one of those awful ultrablue hoodies 24/7.

SDSU is a very nice team that played very well Thursday night.  THEY still have an inferiority complex about NDSU and it shows every time those two teams play, but THEY certainly seem to have ORU's number at the present time.  Good luck to THEM the rest of the way. 

Now, please return to your little cyber co-op to discuss grain futures - WE got this covered.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:38 AM, Old Titan said:

"OOOOOOH, BURNNNNN!!" :lol:

Troll, I haven't spouted off on your message board for years since you guys became relevant.  That's the reward you get for your team raising their level of competitiveness.

Truth be told, I do read your basketball and baseball forums on occasion, if just to be reminded how much better the conversation is on this site.

But, hey - since you're here, like the other Dakotans who, in the internet equivalent of Ding-Dong-Ditch, insist on using this forum to pop-off only AFTER winning a game, could you make yourself useful by relaying a message to your little bunny friends?

• The ESPN3 broadcast team was/is EMPLOYED by ORU.  ORU bears the burden of ALL the production costs of the broadcast.  The only reason you get to watch the game for free in the comfort of your 3-bedroom igloo is because ORU went to the trouble to produce it AND strike a deal with ESPN to broadcast it.  So quit complaining about the so-called "homers" behind the microphone.  They're just doing their jobs.

• As for the crowd, I can say that the camera position behind sections A through D does not give an accurate portrayal of butts in the seats in the entire arena.  The tickets in sections J through M behind the benches that are always on TV are given by ORU Athletics to current and would-be donors, and are notoriously under used.  There may or may not have been 3100+ in attendance Thursday night, but regardless, It was a poorly-attended game.  Let's face it:  in this town, ORU vs. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE on a school night ain't exactly a marquee match-up.

• As for the "too many white guys" crack, all I know is that every time I see a pan shot of the bleachers in Jack Frost Arena, I feel like I'm at either a tractor pull or a Tea Party rally.  I'm sure all those fine folks would love nothing better than to hang with your starting backcourt in Minneapolis on a Saturday night, while the rest of the roster is shopping at Bass Pro Shop.

• And, what's with the "do WE this" and "do WE that" gloss?  YOU have done nothing to make SDSU basketball relevant, my friend.  I'm guessing your main contribution to the program is eating your weight in concession stand hot dogs and wearing one of those awful ultrablue hoodies 24/7.

SDSU is a very nice team that played very well Thursday night.  THEY still have an inferiority complex about NDSU and it shows every time those two teams play, but THEY certainly seem to have ORU's number at the present time.  Good luck to THEM the rest of the way. 

Now, please return to your little cyber co-op to discuss grain futures - WE got this covered.

Never get into a piss fight with a skunk. Enough said.