SDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

The Jacks come to town with their gaudy 14-5 record but have lost 2 of their last 3 games....they got whipped at IUPUI and NDSU sandwiched around a win over IPFW.....this is the start of a big 3 game home stand with Omaha and IPFW to follow...all teams above ORU in the Summit standings.....this is the time to make our move....We have won 3 in a row including a pair of impressive comeback road wins last week... and the Golden Eagles should be spurred on from campus speeches today by Donald Trump and Sarah Palin.....ORU is an early dog at +1.5 on the early Vegas line....ORU plus points at home?....sounds like a great deal to me....and we seem to have recovered from our 7 game funk....Obi is going to be ready to roast some rabbit and expect big games from Martin and Jeffries....TheEagleman loves ORU in a hard fought contest Thursday night at Mabee Center but the plaid jacket comes thru again and the Golden Eagles prevail over the Jacks 85-78.......:D

if Jake Bittle is playing, i bet that number is closer to ORU +4.  he no doubt wants to stick it to ORU again.

tough week for ORU.....will definitely need to continue to rebound and improve at the defensive end.

The morning line is now ORU +2.....TheEagleman likes the Golden Eagles as a home dog....I actually like all the home teams in the Summit tonight....IPFW -1 over NDSU and Denver +2 vs. Omaha....but will wait to see what happens....I do think ORU is a definite play tonight.....OUTRIGHT WINNER!!!....B)

I Hear ya, Voice....I will probably just go with ORU tonight.....I don't feel strongly about Denver....they are inconsistent.....if both ORU and Omaha win tonight that's a HUGE game Saturday night at Mabee Center.....maybe we can get Sarah Palin to toss out the first ball?....;)

i would not play the ORU game....Bittle health too much of a wildcard.  he was the difference in the 2nd half of the game last year.

SDSU has not been firing on all cylinders w/Bittle out.  plugging him back in the lineup will be a big boost for SDSU.....and he will no doubt be motivated to play.

You need to get in the face of REED & GEORGE , they will get rattled.

Obi doesn't look that aggressive on espn3.com

cmon back please, ndsu needs the help :(  after AJ & Dexter went a combined 4 -17 tonight

ladies win another on a game winner at the buzzer from KayKay Mayberry  67-65 over Omaha!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

another embarrassing home loss for ORU....got next to nothing from Conley and Owens.

since the departure of DoMo and Rod Pearson these guys have become too accustomed/accepting of losing on their home floor....not sure if it even bothers them.

poor crowd; poor play tonight.   ORU got out hustled, shot, rebounded, toughed, and any other basketball thing you can come up with.

big statement made by SDSU...."you still don't belong on the same court with us"

nah, summit league is 1 big mess with 8 teams that are young and not gelling as a team and being consistent.

summit tourney will be WIIIIDE OPEN.

• Upvote 1

The offensive rebounds by SDSU were painful to watch. On the bright side, Javan was 7-7 from the field and had some very mature post moves. Hopefully he is starting to hit his stride.  Martin was aggressive with 12 free throw attempts. 

Coach Sutton with the stat of the night.....SDSU missed 16 shots in the 2nd half (15 fg; 1 FT) and get 11 offensive rebounds in the half....."that's effort"

A very sad home performance tonight....theeagleman is thankful he was out and didn't see a minute....SDSU is gonna be tough to beat at Sioux Falls.....this ORU team just not tough enough....the games vs. Omaha and IPFW are now must wins....I had ORU +3 tonight but it I would have needed 13....got a split tonight though thanks to IPFW beating NDSU....we got killed on he boards again....Owens and Conley have been a huge disappointments....look like Tarzan....play like Jane......:(