NDSU @ ORU JAN 9

lakesbison

Hey guys, long time no chat.  1 week from today NDSU plays at ORU at 7pm... 8 hours after NDSU football plays its championship game in Dallas on ESPN 2.  I run a couple facebook pages & we are encouraging NDSU fans to show up on their way back to Fargo.

So you guys be Nice to them!! haha.  the goal is 1000+ NDSU fans, but even if a couple hundred show up it'll be cool.

I noticed you got off to a tough start in summit play, but OBI is a beast.

NDSU is 10-4 (8-4 without the naia teams) and are very young, but playing good, should be a good game!

We would love to have a bunch of Bison fans in the arena. Should be a great matchup! Good luck in your football game.

thanks!    I wont be there, but I have 4 buddies who are going for sure.  I just think itd be cool for the players and for oral Roberts players to see a good sized crew there to add some energy, especially after a ndsu football title win!

The Bison probably will win another FCS title....Jacksonville State won't be able to handle NDSU....TheEagleman actually likes the Bison in football...very well coached team.....I will be watching and rooting for them....but only football....come Saturday night I hope we kick your A$$.....:lol:

On 1/2/2016 at 10:54 AM, lakesbison said:

Hey guys, long time no chat.  1 week from today NDSU plays at ORU at 7pm... 8 hours after NDSU football plays its championship game in Dallas on ESPN 2.  I run a couple facebook pages & we are encouraging NDSU fans to show up on their way back to Fargo.

So you guys be Nice to them!! haha.  the goal is 1000+ NDSU fans, but even if a couple hundred show up it'll be cool.

I noticed you got off to a tough start in summit play, but OBI is a beast.

NDSU is 10-4 (8-4 without the naia teams) and are very young, but playing good, should be a good game!

In a similar alignment of the stars in January, 2012, I would put the number of Bison football fans in attendance at the basketball game in Tulsa at well under 50; perhaps closer to half that number.

Though a couple of them did manage to make complete fools of themselves standing at the railing for most of the game, heckling the ORU players and the referees.

Tulsa ain't exactly "on the way back" to Fargo from Dallas.  This time of year, I would imagine avoiding a blizzard around Salina is a much bigger priority than diverting through Tulsa enroute home.

hey, its a wish, not a guarantee to get some there.   I thought there was a good showing on 1 of the frisco trips of bison fans.  oh well. 

there is already a lot of tickets gone in section M & N  by NDSU.

I do have a beef with your ticket system.  You click here http://www.oruathletics.com/tickets/index  then Single game tickets...

then it appears that you can "only" buy season tickets of 5 game package (those are the only big yellow buttons)

you have no idea you to click on "NDSU" down below.      then on next page you have to click (regular tickets on the right)

arghhh

engineering fault : (   

NDSU seems on their way to a 5th straight D-1AA football crown leading by 17 in the 4th quarter...so its likely that a couple hundred of their fans will show up at Mabee Center tonight hung over from a long afternoon of drinking Lone Star.....they will be in the mood to celebrate a Bison win over ORU and send us to our 8th straight loss....but....not so fast my friends!....this game will come down to whether or not ORU leading scorer Obi Emegano is cleared to play after his concussion 10 days ago.....TheEagleman believes that Obi is back tonight and back with a vengeance....these Golden Eagles have to have some pride and a month ago we were 8-2 with wins at James Madison and Tulsa.....I wouldn't have thought for a moment that we would go 30 days without a win....but that ends tonight!....Obi lights up the Bison D for 33 and ORU sends NDSU to it's 2nd straight loss with an 88-82 win and kiss the streak goodbye....this game can turn the season around....Go Blue!!!....(if Obi doesn't play.....just ignore all of the above).....:P

By the way....ORU is a 1 point dog this afternoon....probably best just to lay off this one....but if no Obi.....well, it's a lead pipe lock....:ph34r:

For the record on Saturday night, I would again put the NDSU fan base on hand at about 50, give or take a dozen.  They trickled in till halftime, due to the Bison football game running past 2pm in Frisco, TX.

Pretty easy to pick them all out in the stands:  really bright yellow and/or green sweatshirts, most of them in XXXL... :devil:

On 1/10/2016 at 3:51 PM, Old Titan said:

For the record on Saturday night, I would again put the NDSU fan base on hand at about 50, give or take a dozen.  They trickled in till halftime, due to the Bison football game running past 2pm in Frisco, TX.

Pretty easy to pick them all out in the stands:  really bright yellow and/or green sweatshirts, most of them in XXXL... :devil:

Ha ha. One of the many reasons that Old Titan is my favorite poster on this board.

OT made a funny joke. No doubt.

But honestly, I wish the Mabee Center was filled with everyone wearing Navy Blue gear, with the ORU logo.

Just sayin'....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

But honestly, I wish the Mabee Center was filled with everyone wearing Navy Blue gear, with the ORU logo.

Could not agree more.

3 hours ago, oruvoice said:

OT made a funny joke. No doubt.

Just sayin'....

Fixed... ^^^^^