ORU vs Oakland Next Year?

WingMaaaan

TheEagleman would love to see ORU-Oakland again....I watched some of  Michigan St.-Oakland last night and it was a great overtime game....frankly, Oakland probably should have won it in regulation...that driving layup by Felder with 4 seconds left where he was fouled just rimmed out or OU would have been up by a point....and they hung around until the final 20 seconds in the OT...tough loss for Coach Kampe's team....by the way, his hair is still bad....and now he is sporting a salt and pepper beard.....:lol:

2016 Paradise Jam tourney, and now Oakland added.... Looks like the coaching staff is putting together yet another challenging non-conference schedule for this young team! 

The rivalry we had with Oakland was a great one. Happy to see them back on the schedule. Kampe always produces great teams. This is a great non-conference mid major match up that we've all been hoping for. 

TheEagleman wondering if part of the contract includes Kampe having to limit his profanities at Mabee Center to under 5.....:P

• 3 months later...

Kahlil Felder (24.3 ppg; 9.3 ast) declared for the NBA and hired an agent.

A bit of good news for ORUMBB.

30 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Kahlil Felder (24.3 ppg; 9.3 ast) declared for the NBA and hired an agent.

A bit of good news for ORUMBB.

Odd that he wouldn't take advantage of the new draft rules.

On December 23, 2015 at 8:02 AM, ORUIllini said:

Looks like the coaching staff is putting together yet another challenging non-conference schedule for this young team! 

I sure hope not.  Please, Coach, stop demoralizing your teams by scheduling so difficult.  We had a 6 game losing streak to prove it.  Plus, It kills their confidence when they need it most.  Put some cup cakes on there.  my guess is we need the money so we play all those hard games. 

When ORU is drawing 8,000+ fans a game, as it did in the mid-late '70s, you'll see more name teams coming here. The financial realities of drawing 4-5,000 a game seem to necessitate the coaching staff and Mike Carter scheduling away "money" games. Until there's either better marketing and/or a better (at least perceived) product don't expect changes. I have marketing ideas which, I believe, would increase game attendance, but who, in the athletic and marketing departments, would listen, much less put into practice? 

9 hours ago, 74Titan said:

When ORU is drawing 8,000+ fans a game, as it did in the mid-late '70s, you'll see more name teams coming here. The financial realities of drawing 4-5,000 a game seem to necessitate the coaching staff and Mike Carter scheduling away "money" games. Until there's either better marketing and/or a better (at least perceived) product don't expect changes. I have marketing ideas which, I believe, would increase game attendance, but who, in the athletic and marketing departments, would listen, much less put into practice? 

Scott Sutton does the scheduling (or more accurately, his staff), not Mike Carter. 

Scott LIKES playing those road games in the big famous places; he gets a kick out of it, and he's convinced it helps his team in the long run. 

I'm not sure I see the logic in that philosophy, but given the economic necessity, they might as well make the most of it.

We do play our share of OOC small schools each year.  Secondly, we are playing the New Mexico States/Detroits/Missouri States of the world as well.  I have no problem playing OU/LSU/South Carolina.  

On April 12, 2016 at 3:05 PM, 74Titan said:

It's an open forum meant for discussion, amigo. If you've got some killer ideas on how to get 7,000 folks in the Mabee Center, let's hear them.