Crawford quits team; will transfer

ORUalum

Very strange....I guess this kid came to ORU expecting to play 40 minutes a game as a freshman?....I would think these issues are discussed during the recruitment process....so now he goes to Conners St. where he will log 0 minutes per game this season instead of the experience he would have gotten playing D-1 ball at ORU.....not real smart.....good luck, buddy.....:mellow:

I would like to understand his side of things... but there were already 3 guards on the roster with D-1 experience (Young, Anderson and Bradley) and he signed on the same day as Martin, so there were no surprises. Was he expecting to play ahead of all of those guys?

The fact that he played at all is kind of amazing and shows that the coaching staff recognized his potential.

Interesting that his brother originally signed with Central Arkansas, redshirted, also transferred to Connors State, before going back to UCA for 3 years.... seems like somebody could have reminded little bro that the grass is not always greener. Also, is there also a possibility that he could come back?

The assumption that I am reading here is that the coaches did not consider offering him a red-shirt.  Is it possible that a red-shirt year was discussed and he rejected it?

Crawford's obsession with his "minutes" leads me to think he would have rejected any thought of red-shirting, whether it was suggested to him or not.

But, I suppose there is the possibility he was thinking, "I didn't redshirt this year because I thought (was led to believe? Was told?) I would get X-amount-of minutes.  Now I'm sitting here wasting a year of eligibility."

But, even if that's the case, it doesn't justify leaving in mid-semester and literally wasting the chance to play ANYWHERE for over a year.

going to JuCo, i assumed he would be eligible immediately and play next semester.  is this not the case?

• 3 months later...

MAN, I wish Chris Crawford could have heard this before making his decision to leave after just a handful of games:

And for that matter, Jordan Kaufmann, too!

Great quote.  How many NBA GMs are looking to draft players with that type of attitude?  All of them.

Crawford will have to learn the hard way.

TheEagleman wants Buddy in Philly next year....could happen....:D

TheEagleman loves Durant and the Thunder but sorry, pal.....Sixers have the OKC Thunder #1 pick for this upcoming draft....Buddy won't be playing for the hometown team unless they make a major trade to get into the Top 5 or 6 picks where Buddy is sure to be selected......but Chris Crawford will be available in round 2 if he declares for the draft....maybe he thinks his game is ready for the NBA since leaving ORU....:P..;)