ORU at JMU

ORUalum

TheEagleman kind of likes ORU's chances today at JMU....the Dukes were fortunate to win yesterday vs. FIU and both teams are 2-1....I definitely like the Golden Eagles plus the points....if we can protect the ball and shoot a little better than we did yesterday, ORU can pull an upset here.....but it will not be easy....the crowd will be all tuned up especially after the JMU football game earlier in the day when they host league rival Villanova.....we also need our front court guys to stay in the game and out of foul trouble.....this is a game when I first looked at the schedule that TheEagleman put in the loss column....but I have done an about face after watching this team in a few games....I think ORU can steal this one if we bring our A game.....Obi will need to put up his 20+ and provide his usual leadership...Owens must score inside....and we need a few 3s from Bradley.....TheEagleman calls it ORU 76-74 for the Good Guys.....:P

• Upvote 1

SDSU tops TCU:   76-67

overall, the league is off to a good start in non-conference games

I just saw that.....the Summit is looking very good...now if ORU can snag this one at JMU it will be a great day!...B)

4 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

I just saw that.....the Summit is looking very good...now if ORU can snag this one at JMU it will be a great day!...B)

also add in wins for both OU and OSU football tonight setting up a huge bedlam game next week......that will make for a great sports Saturday

ah....the bedlam game.....GO POKES!!!!...:lol:

What a great victory tonight on James Madison's home court!

Congrats to the entire team and staff - really a nice win. 

• Upvote 2

Cha-Ching!!!....didn't even need the 7.5 pts....That is a HUGE confidence builder for this young team on the road at James Madison which is no easy place to play....ORU leads virtually the entire contest and pulls away 74-64.....Obi with his usual 20....12 each for Bradley and Martin and 11 for Jeffries....ORU can go get some dinner or hang around the arena and watch FIU vs. UT-Martin....no time to gloat as we have FIU at 1pm tomorrow.....3-1 now with a shot to come back to Tulsa at 4-1....Honestly, TheEagleman thought we would be 1-3 or 2-2 at best right now...looks like Voice was right....this team is pretty good....:)

Nice win on the road! JMU has a rating of 121 on Kem Pomeroy's website. ORU sits at 167 with FIU at 242.....enjoy this win, but gotta take care of business again tomorrow!

One of the best TEAM efforts I've seen from ORU in a long time.  Major contributions from just about everyone who took the court today.  This team just seems to enjoy playing together - and they didn't get flustered down the stretch when they COULD have given the game away.  

Best of all - there were periods of time when we had three freshmen and two sophomores on the court at the same time - and they held their own.  AND, we haven't yet seen what Javan White brings to the team.  Very encouraged...

You gotta start listening to me Eagleman!!

And, as TrueBlue82 points out, this is without Javan White.

We have a chance to have a really nice year. Feeling pretty good about my 20 win prediction and we should be in the mix for the conference title!!