UT-MARTIN vs. ORU

theeagleman5

ORU opens the Men Against Breast Cancer Classic in Harrisonburg, VA vs. Tennessee-Martin....the Skyhawks are 0-2 this season having been waxed by 34 at OSU and also losing at home to Bethune-Cookman....this should be a good opening round match up for us because UT-Martin does not have a lot of height so TheEagleman is hoping we won't get dominated on the boards like we did on Monday night at SC.....it's really important that we get this first game because of playing a very good host JMU squad on Saturday night then having to come back on a 18 hour turnaround to play FIU early on Sunday afternoon...So 3 games in just over 48 hrs....ouch!....TheEagleman has positive vibes about this one because I love breasts and I hate Cancer.....so this tournament is right up my alley.....:rolleyes:...the GoldenEagles should be ready and motivated to get a neutral court victory against a beatable opponent on Friday afternoon....Obi is off to a great start and should tally 25 here...we need Conley and Owens to stay out of foul trouble....Bradley has been a God send... Jeffries and Anderson are looking good, too......hoping ORU can put these guys away early in the 2nd half and rest the starters for the tough test on Saturday night........ORU wins 82-69......B)

While listening to Hax call our game at SC on Monday via the Tune-in Radio app, I watched the JMU/WVU game on television.  It was played in Charleston, West Virginia and billed as the "Friends of Coal" game.  To put it mildly, it was a VERY PHYSICAL GAME.  Each team pounded on the other all night long.  Unfortunately for JMU, in the end they did not have the horses to run with WVU.  I am not sure what will happen on Saturday, but this could be another very physical game for the Golden Eagles.  However, if we play tough I think we can win.  I like the grit this team has displayed this year.  Of course Brandon and Albert and others are going to have to watch getting into too much foul trouble.  On paper, JMU appears to be the toughest of the three teams we face this weekend.

Does anybody know if the team stayed on the East Coast all week after the South Carolina game? I guess it wouldn't have made much sense to fly back to Tulsa then all the way back to Virginia just 2 days later....maybe they stopped by to visit Obama....<_<

TheEagleman was hoping to go down for the weekend but my wife is still struggling health-wise and I can't leave her for a couple of days......tip off is just 5 minutes away and ORU is listed as a 3 point Vegas favorite over UT-Martin....TheEagleman likes ORU -3.....^_^

ORU up 32-28 at half....Obi has 11...Conley 8 and 5 rebs....Owens has 8 pts and 2 fouls...Jeffries has 3 fouls already.....:ph34r:

ORU up 58-50 with 3 minutes left...Obi a beast again today with 19....Conley showed up too....he has 14 and 8 so far.....Golden Eagles need to finish this out then they can enjoy watching JMU vs. FIU in the nightcap......:rolleyes:

ORU wins 70-66.  It would have been a double digit win but Anderson from UT Martin hit 3 3-pointers in about the last 20 seconds of the game to keep it close.

Obi finishes with 28 points and we finally out rebound an opponent.  Darian Harris even hit his 1st 3 pointer of the year.

Sweet.....ORU wins by 4  and covers....TheEagleman will take it....Obi is a total beast.....28 pts......Conley had 14 and Owens 13......Golden Eagles do outrebound UT-Martin by 39-29.....so we get to 2-1 and host James Madison is up next tomorrow night....:lol:

TheEagleman wasn't following the game closely in the first half....just noticed that ORU had a 17-3 lead to start off the game....geez...we should have killed these guys. UT-Martin isn't very good....0-3 now....probably didn't help when our  big guys Jeffies and Owens got in foul trouble....:huh:

halftime....JMU  29  FIU 28.....:mellow: