Missouri State at ORU

theeagleman5

On 11/16/2015, 12:51:01, ManiacAlum said:

Regarding Darian Harris, unfortunately I think his window for taking a bigger role on this team was more open last year. Kris Martin seems already poised to be that guy. I thought Harris looked the part last year, but he usually just drifted around the perimeter and wasn't very assertive.

And that was on a team that was too small and couldn't score. This team is not quite as undersized, especially if they can move Jeffries around defensively, and so far doesn't seem to have any issues with scoring. So, I don't know how many sets they would run for the 9th or 10th guy off the bench.

It's good to see the newcomers play so savvy already, really takes a lot of the pressure off of Obi and AY. Hopefully won't have to ask them to do quite so much this year.

agree that Martin seems to have passed Harris on the depth chart.  also of note was Crawford getting more minutes in the backup PG role in the South Carolina game.

in a few weeks we may see Javan White take Conley's spot in the starting lineup.  Conley can foul out just as easily coming off the bench.

the optimism around this class of freshmen from the coaches seems well founded.

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2015, 10:38:35, Old Titan said:

I enjoyed Albert's effort on post defense, and the fact he actually TALKED occasionally on screens and switches.  The hallmark of better defensive teams is COMMUNICATION, especially in half-court situations.  It's one of the areas where the ladies are light years ahead of the men:  good defensive teams in women's basketball are CONSTANTLY talking on defense.  Haven't seen that much in the men's game in recent years:  guys are apparently just too cool these days to talk on defense...

He said it better:

• Upvote 1