Rogers State at ORU

theeagleman5

Hey all. Conley hold out was a precaution sounded like. He "should" be good to go very soon. 

They said Harris "should" be ready soon as well. He's had nothing but injuries to deal with since his arrival. 

The way I've understood things is Bradley is a 2. AY and Anderson are competing at the 1. Not sure it matters all that much because this team will be so guard dominated. 

I saw what I expected to see last night. A slew of new "baby" faced players attempting to mesh with TWO Oru veterans. 

I really wish Big Chris was good to go. He's that broad shouldered bruiser that would really help out there. 

Some early thoughts. Good to be back.

Concerning Brandon Conley, Scott also said that Brandon has been practicing with the team but because he had that one setback, they wanted to error on the side of caution in Monday's game.  

Aaron Anderson showed a lot more in the exhibition game than he did at the Blue-White Scrimmage.  Based on that and Chris Crawford still appearing to look like a freshman, I think the redshirt is a possibility.  After the game Scott was complimentary of Chris Crawford, saying that he has been doing some really good things (I assume he is referring to practice).  He might need a little adjustment time, but he still has a lot of talent and when things click for him, I am confident he will make significant contributions offensively (driving to the basket and 3-point shooting) as well as defensively (steals).  His speed is an asset.

However, I think there is a decent level of team speed now with several of the new players.

Also, according to the radio broadcast, the injury to Darian Harris had to do with one of his fingers.  I guess it was bent backward in practice but didn't sound like a long-term issue.

That's some great info above....Hax and Jason are the "go to guys" for inside info!....TheEagleman is looking forward to a more solid dress rehearsal on Saturday night when Tom Hankins returns to Mabee Center with his UCO squad.....B)

That might impact if & who gets red-shirted, but I would venture that Crawford and Martin might be prime candidates for that designation.

Crawford seems like a no brainer.  he's clearly the third PG behind Anderson and Young.  no need to spend 2 years of eligibility on the bench behind those two.  let him red-shirt, work on his shot, and learn.  then after his RFr campaign, if he is develops into the player you think he is, you have your starting PG for the next three seasons. 

Coach Sutton seems to really like Martin's length and shooting ability.  i don't think they will red-shirt him.  i think he will battle Harris for minutes off the bench in the sharp shooter role....depending on who plays better defense and is knocking down shots.

• Upvote 1

If Sutton continues to like what he sees with Bradley and Obi on the floor together, does that mean they can sometimes play a small(er) lineup including Young/Anderson at PG? Or maybe he views them all capable of running the show, so any of those guys can play the point...

And if Bradley wants to keep turning in 17 pt games on 7-10 from the floor, then I say: "Let it rain!!!", feel free to shoot first AND second.

Agree on Crawford, he will be ready when given time to adjust to the speed at this level.

The way I've understood things is Bradley is a 2. AY and Anderson are competing at the 1. 

So possibly two guys under 6-feet-tall out top (AY and Bradley) and a "3" (Obi) that's around 6'-2"?

Jenks and Union may have taller backcourts this year.  

Hope it works!