Sunny Gollaway Fired with Cause at Auburn

Bogus Smith

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/092715aaa.html

Assistant Coach Tom Holliday has been placed on administrative leave.  Former Auburn player and assistant coach has been placed in charge of the baseball operations and fall practice until a new Head Coach has been named.

.....and another, more up to date, story:  http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/09/auburn_fires_baseball_coach_su.html

......and another story with some insight from Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers:  http://www.d1baseball.com/news/auburn-fires-head-coach-sunny-golloway/

Edited by Bogus Smith

Classic Sunny quote:  "I did nothing wrong".

Has this guy ever ONCE in his coaching career taken personal responsibility for ANYTHING? (which in this case, at least officially, apparently stems from assorted NCAA violations, including too many fall practice hours)

All the postseason failures at ORU, abandoning ORU for an assistant's job at OU after years of applying for other head coaching gigs, the fiasco involving his wife in the stands when OU came into Johnson Stadium and got handled by the Golden Eagles, back-stabbing incoming OU coach Gene Stephenson of Wichita State and forcing AD Joe Castiglione's hand to get the head coaching job, the never-ending player issues at Oklahoma, the shameful dismissal of Sooner legend Ray Hayward, the outpouring of criticism from Sooner players and faithful when he left OU for Auburn, locking Alabama out of the batting cages last year during SEC play, the blow-ups on the field and in the media throughout the SEC regular and post-season, the list goes on and on.

I'm not surprised Sunny would get himself fired:  his personality (or, more succinctly, his lack thereof) affords little room for error on his part.

I'm just surprised something like this hasn't happened before.

Edited by Old Titan
correction

Geez....this guy must really be a bad dude....how did we ever have him at ORU?....a leopard doesn't usually change it's spots....but it seems that people like this usually wind up somewhere else...there always seems to be desperate schools willing to him people like Sunny.....he must be a real "snake charmer".....:ph34r:

Bruce Pearl and Sunny Golloway both hired by Auburn.....I think that says it all about this University......:unsure:

Edited by theeagleman5

Has this guy ever ONCE in his coaching career taken personal responsibility for ANYTHING?

OT, I think that he took personal responsibility for OU's 1994 World Series win, didn't he?

Has this guy ever ONCE in his coaching career taken personal responsibility for ANYTHING?

OT, I think that he took personal responsibility for OU's 1994 World Series win, didn't he?

Bruce Pearl and Sunny Golloway both hired by Auburn.....I think that says it all about this University......:unsure:

Yeah, but why bring Pearl into it of you're Sunny?  What does that gain you?

Unless, of course, your attorney John Saxon, who issued the statement/rant/threats is a (wait for it.....) ALABAMA ALUMNUS!

"Roll Tide" vs. "War Eagle", "Sunny The Victim" vs. "The Pretextual Conspirators" - this is freaking AWESOME!

george-castanza-eating-popcorn-seinfeld-

Edited by Old Titan

Yeah, Sunny probably should have asked to leave out the jab about Bruce Pearl.

Surely he recognizes that publicly questioning the decision-making abilities of the person who hired him does not reflect positively on his own hire. Right??

If not, that's a hilarious self-inflicted zing.

There was also a line in one of those articles in which he told his players "to honor us by doing a good job".

I'm not sure that I've ever heard someone speak of themselves in such reverence. 

Edited by ManiacAlum

No, does not strike me as someone who is trying to impress future employers.

He's basically pushed "all in on the river" with this legal cr@p, and it doesn't look like he's holding much of a hand.

this guy's feed is pretty informative on the whole situation...

Edited by ORUalum

Also, the whole "lifetime contract" has to be some kind of strategy to force Auburn into avoiding a prolonged public legal battle and compensate Sunny, or at least save Sunny from having to pay Auburn for being fired with cause in the middle of his contract. There's no way that language is in there.

Edited by ManiacAlum

So TheEagleman is guessing that Sonny Galloway never makes it into the ORU Hall of Fame.....:rolleyes:

So TheEagleman is guessing that Sonny Galloway never makes it into the ORU Hall of Fame.....:rolleyes:

Nope, but maybe he is available to be the speaker at this year's Diamond Dinner.  :rolleyes::-D