OSU Football

theeagleman5

Anybody know why the Pokes opened the season by playing at Central Michigan last night?....why the heck would a good Big 12 team go up there and play a medicore/at best MAC team on the road in what looked almost like a high school stadium?....plus they almost lost the game taking only a 4 point lead into the final period...OU on the other hand plays another MAC team Akron at home which is much smarter....what's the scoop?...did somebody owe somebody a favor???....:wacko:

My understanding is that it is a 2 for 1 deal but the 1st game of the deal was at Central Michigan.  CMU paid OSU $250,000 to play this game.  In 2016 OSU will pay CMU $250,000 to come to Stillwater.  In 2017 OSU will pay CMU $550,000 when they return to Stillwater.  I heard this discussion on local sports talk radio and I believe those were the details of the deal.

Kelly-Shorts Stadium officially seats 30,199.  Not big  but not exactly a "high school" stadium unless you are referring to a team like Canton McKinley High School which plays its games in the "Pro Football Hall of Fame" stadium in Canton, Ohio.  Not exactly sure of capacity there but I believe it is in the 25k - 30k range.

Anybody know why the Pokes opened the season by playing at Central Michigan last night?....why the heck would a good Big 12 team go up there and play a medicore/at best MAC team on the road in what looked almost like a high school stadium?....plus they almost lost the game taking only a 4 point lead into the final period...OU on the other hand plays another MAC team Akron at home which is much smarter....what's the scoop?...did somebody owe somebody a favor???....:wacko:

The Big 12's recent level of play is closer to the MAC than the SEC, Pac 12, or Big 10.

The Jayhawks are a disgrace in football.....and Penn State came to Philly today and lost to Temple for the first time since 1941....that's 13 years before TheEagleman was even born...:o