Kellen Manek (2016 PF)

ORUalum

Kellen's 7-0 Harrah team takes on 5-0 Atoka in the first round of the Tournament of Champions at the Mabee Center today at 5:30pm. 

You can watch all the games in the tournament via live streaming at okpreps.com - nice opportunity to see Kellen play against top competition over the next three days.

good start to the ToC for the Manek brothers...

Barry Lewis ‏@BarryLewisTW

Brady Manek had 20 pts. & 12 reb. while @ORUMBB signee Kellen Manek scored 19 to lead Harrah past Atoka 64-58. Bishop Coulter 24/14 #okpreps

I like what I see from Kellen Manek. Looks like he will provide a post presence next year. 

Not sure that we have an available scholarship next year, but I wonder if we are looking at Bishop Coulter (Atoka)?

Got a chance to watch Kellen against Union. 26pts and 8 of 9 FT. Impressive and looks good. Took over  the last quarter. Next year could be good.

Harrah defeated Union high school 47 to 41. Kellen scored 26 of his team's 47 points. His brother scored 13. Harrah will play Midwest City Wednesday evening at 8:30 for the championship.

18 hours ago, ORU GRAD said:

Got a chance to watch Kellen against Union. 26pts and 8 of 9 FT. Impressive and looks good. Took over  the last quarter. Next year could be good.

Can you tell us what kind of game Kellen plays? Low post, perimeter, etc.?  What kind of rebounder is he? Nice to see that he make his free throws.

Terry,

• Kellen played low post and moved with ease to the post and even play out front handling the ball . This young man can do it all and is not selfish . He only took over when the game was on the line. He is not flashy but steady. With this years freshman and the newcomers next year, we can be just a little excited. He has a good inside game. The competition tonight will really tell where he is with others his equal. Midwest City is tough.

Yeah - Midwest City is a perennial basketball power with good talent. I expect them to focus on Kellen tonight.

I am hoping that we might have found a "Caleb Green' type player in Manek. Would be nice to get a consistent low post scorer to compliment our outside shooting.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Kellen red-shirted this season with a knee problem. Hopefully he can contribute some minutes and provide depth down low - or even away from the basket. He is familiar with his teammates and I assumed he practiced some after recovering from his knee surgery.

http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/bios/manek_kellen_cpwb?view=bio