2015-2016 Schedule

ORUalum

Hopefully if I attend my first ever ORU game this upcoming season, the crowd will be similar to this pic!!

In the next couple of weeks I'd like to see announcements of ORU in a competitive early season tourney as well as a couple more non-conference games against power conference opponents...

Hopefully if I attend my first ever ORU game this upcoming season, the crowd will be similar to this pic!!

In the next couple of weeks I'd like to see announcements of ORU in a competitive early season tourney as well as a couple more non-conference games against power conference opponents...

I would not hold your breath for "the next couple of weeks" on the non-conference schedule announcement:  give it a month or so...

TheEagleman is still hoping for an ORU road trip to the Philly area some day soon but not holding my breath....it's been years since the Golden Eagles have played near my home town.....Villanova in the mid-late 90's I think because Bill Self was the coach that night....I have had to go to Washington to see us play Georgetown about 7-8 years ago...that's the closest they have come to Philadelphia.... :nerd:

TheEagleman is jonesing for some roundball....I am reduced to watching NBA summer league..... :|

#ORUmbb league schedule (part 1): Dec. 30: @ IPFW Jan. 3: South Dakota Jan. 6: @ Denver Jan. 9: North Dakota State Jan. 14: @ IUPUI

— Ben Johnson (@BenJohnsonTUL)

July 15, 2015

#ORUmbb league schedule (part 2): Jan. 16: @ Western Illinois Jan. 21: South Dakota State Jan. 23: Omaha Jan. 28: IPFW #SummitMBB

July 15, 2015

#ORUmbb league schedule (part 3): Feb. 4: @ North Dakota State Feb. 6: @ South Dakota Feb. 11: IUPUI Feb. 13: Western Illinois #SummitMBB

July 15, 2015

#ORUmbb league schedule (part 4): Feb. 19: Denver Feb. 25: @ Omaha Feb. 27: @ South Dakota State #SummitMBB

July 15, 2015

Man, no favors this year for ORU:  3-of-5 on the road to open the season, not one but TWO "2-games-in-3-days" trips to the Dakotas in February, including the regular season-ender the week before the conference tournament, at Omaha and SDSU (the presumptive league favorite?). 

Makes me realize just how friendly last year's schedule was.  This one is TOUGH...

A work in progress:

2015-2016 BASKETBALL SCHEDULE  (tentative - edited 7/15/15)

NOV 13     MISSOURI STATE       MABEE CENTER

NOV 28     DETROIT                     MABEE CENTER

Dec. 5       at Tulsa                        Reynolds Center

Dec 12      at Oklahoma                Norman, OK

Dec 16      at Missouri State         Springfield, MO

???           at New Mexico St.       Las Cruces, NM

Dec 1       at New Mexico          The Pit

A work in progress:

2015-2016 BASKETBALL SCHEDULE  (tentative - edited 7/21/15)

NOV 13     MISSOURI STATE       MABEE CENTER

NOV 28     DETROIT                     MABEE CENTER

Dec. 1       at New Mexico            Albuquerque, NM

Dec. 5       at Tulsa                        Reynolds Center

Dec 12      at Oklahoma                Norman, OK

Dec 16      at Missouri State         Springfield, MO

???           at New Mexico St.       Las Cruces, NM

Dec 30      at IPFW*                      Ft. Wayne, IN

JAN  3      SOUTH DAKOTA*        MABEE CENTER

Jan 6        at Denver*                    Denver, CO

JAN 9       NORTH DAKOTA ST*   MABEE CENTER

Jan 14      at IUPUI*                      Indianapolis, IN

Jan 16      at Western Illinois*        Moline, IL

JAN 21     SOUTH DAKOTA ST*   MABEE CENTER

JAN 23     OMAHA*                       MABEE CENTER

JAN 28     IPFW*                           MABEE CENTER

Feb 4        at North Dakota St*      Fargo, ND

Feb 6        at South Dakota*          Vermillion, SD

FEB 11     IUPUI*                           MABEE CENTER

FEB 13     WESTERN ILLINOIS*    MABEE CENTER

FEB 19     DENVER*                      MABEE CENTER

Feb 25      at Omaha*                    Omaha, NE

Feb 27      at South Dakota St*     Brookings, SD

Mar 5-8    Summit League Tournament - Sioux Falls, SD

*Summit League game

OT- for the Jan. 16 game @ Western Illinois, you have listed Moline, IL....do you know for sure if this is correct, or did you mean to put Macomb?

It is possible, because I know WIU has a satellite campus in Moline, and the city has a nice arena called the I Wireless Center...

if it is true, I will be there since Moline is only a 2 hour drive from where I'm at in Rockford, versus a 3+ hour drive to Macomb.....thanks for any info!

One day down out here in Vegas. One more to go!!! I love recruiting but can't wait to get back and practice for our Foreign Missions Trip!!

— Kyan Brown (@KyanBrown)

July 23, 2015
  • Upvote 1

OT- for the Jan. 16 game @ Western Illinois, you have listed Moline, IL....do you know for sure if this is correct, or did you mean to put Macomb?

It is possible, because I know WIU has a satellite campus in Moline, and the city has a nice arena called the I Wireless Center...

if it is true, I will be there since Moline is only a 2 hour drive from where I'm at in Rockford, versus a 3+ hour drive to Macomb.....thanks for any info!

Sorry, I meant Macomb. I think I had Moline and the Quad Cities on the brain after watching Jordan Spieth win the John Deere Classic up there about the same time i made that post.

if memory serves, Tutt and Green emerged during a trip to Canada prior to their freshman season.   it would be great if one or two impact freshmen players came forward during this trip.

love that ORU turns these into service trips and not just about basketball.....much credit to Mike Carter, Scott Sutton, Misti Cussen and Jerry Finkbeiner, when he was at ORU, for understanding the mission of the university..