2015-2016 Schedule

ORUalum

@ Tulsa

@ OU   --  Dec 12

i just hope ORU is competitive versus the Sooners this time.  it looked like a Jr High team playing Varsity this past season.

OU is a top-10 team this year; should challenge KU for Big XII title.

One thing in ORU's favor is jet lag:  the Sooners play a loaded Villanova team in Hawaii on Pearl Harbor Day (December 7th).

A work in progress:

2015-2016 BASKETBALL SCHEDULE (tentative - edited 7/21/15)

NOV 13     MISSOURI STATE         MABEE CENTER
NOV 28     DETROIT                       MABEE CENTER
Dec. 1       at New Mexico              Albuquerque, NM
Dec. 5       at Tulsa                          Reynolds Center
Dec 12      at Oklahoma                  Norman, OK
Dec 16      at Missouri State           Springfield, MO
???           at New Mexico St.         Las Cruces, NM
Dec 30      at IPFW*                        Ft. Wayne, IN
JAN 3       SOUTH DAKOTA*          MABEE CENTER
Jan 6        at Denver*                      Denver, CO
JAN 9       NORTH DAKOTA ST*    MABEE CENTER
Jan 14      at IUPUI*                        Indianapolis, IN
Jan 16      at Western Illinois*         Macomb, IL
JAN 21     SOUTH DAKOTA ST*     MABEE CENTER
JAN 23     OMAHA*                         MABEE CENTER
JAN 28     IPFW*                             MABEE CENTER
Feb 4       at North Dakota St*        Fargo, ND
Feb 6       at South Dakota*            Vermillion, SD
FEB 11    IUPUI*                             MABEE CENTER
FEB 13    WESTERN ILLINOIS*      MABEE CENTER
FEB 19    DENVER*                         MABEE CENTER
Feb 25    at Omaha*                        Omaha, NE
Feb 27    at South Dakota St*         Brookings, SD
Mar 5-8 Summit League Tournament - Sioux Falls, SD

*Summit League game

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any rumors on games for this upcoming season?....surely Mike Carter and Coach Sutton must be in serious negotiations with several schools???... :nerd:

It's my understanding that assistant coach Kyan Brown handles the day-to-day aspects of scheduling, though I'm sure the Sutton brothers are involved also at some level.  Not sure how much Mike Carter gets involved, at least in terms of making matches in the first place.  Probably one of those things that Scott Sutton enjoys about working for him:  minimal interference.

It's become commonplace for the ORU schedule not to be announced until late in the summer. This past year, students were already on campus before it was made official on August 20th, and the MGM Grand debacle (never being able to secure a fourth low-or-mid-major team) wasn't sorted out till October.

The Summit League typically announces the conference schedule around this time of year.  In the meantime, here's an interesting website to monitor re: pre-conference-season tournaments (ORU is not officially in one yet):

2015-16 College Basketball Early Season Tournaments & Events 

I seem to remember that the men's basketball team was participating in a mission's trip later this summer. Or did I just dream that up?

If they are, this would be a good time to have one given how young we are going to be.

here are the dates for the home and home w/ Mo St....

The season begins Nov. 13 at Oral Roberts with the Golden Eagles playing a return game at JQH Arena on Dec. 16.

That's a good home opener - let's hope we can keep the lights on this time!  :razz:

• Upvote 1

TU released their non-conference schedule today:  ORU invades the Reynolds Center on Saturday, Dec. 5th, looking for a third straight upset in the Mayor's Cup series.

FINALLY, a great time of year for this game, but an interesting scheduling choice from the TU standpoint - they face rival Oklahoma State in Stillwater on Wednesday of the same week. 

Possible trap game in ORU's favor, being just three days after TU takes on the Pokes?

Also, TU is apparently taking a cue from ORU's recent schedules.  After playing just one exhibition game last year (and subsequently not being properly prepared to face ORU in the season opener), they've opted for two exhibitions this year vs. opponents familiar to Golden Eagle fans:  Rogers State and Haskell Indian College.  Other recent ORU foes on the TU non-con slate include Missouri State, Central Arkansas, Wichita State, Oregon State, and Arkansas- Little Rock.  They also face former North Dakota State coach Saul Phillips' Ohio Bobcats in the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands.

no chance that TU will be looking past ORU this year.....with all those seniors they will be heavy favorites.

We have TU's number.....TheEagleman will take ORU plus the points..... :nerd:

Someone on the TU message board said that he liked the fact that TU isn't playing ORU in the first game, because he felt like it was a "trap game".

I mean, you just can't make this stuff up!?!

Season opener, against your cross-town rival, that beat you at your place the previous year, and has played you even over the past 15 years, with the ORU game sandwiched between an exhibition and La-Lafayette (at home), and it's a "trap game"?

I. Just. Can't. Stop. Laughing.

no chance that TU will be looking past ORU this year.....with all those seniors they will be heavy favorites.

I didn't think there was any way TU would look past ORU the last two years either, but it was obvious they weren't ready to play in either game, and ORU was.

But, to your point:  the ONLY two non-conference opponents I would think might distract TU enough to make this yet another "trap game" would be either OU or OSU, and - wadya know! - there's OSU stting there, just 72 hours before faciing ORU. 

Not smart scheduling, if you ask me, especially if TU wins big in Stillwater. 

In that event, it would be simple human nature for them to think they could just show up and beat li'l ol' ORU in their next game at home.

i just think Haith was embarrassed in his TU opener and will have them ready to play ORU this year.  even if his players don't circle the game, i bet Haith did.

Nov 28:  Detroit

That means two nice D-1 home games in November - Missouri State on the 13th and Detroit on the 28th.  I don't particularly like a home game on Thanksgiving Saturday, since most students will be gone, but it's still a pretty strong start to the home slate. 

I don't particularly like a home game on Thanksgiving Saturday, since most students will be gone, but it's still a pretty strong start to the home slate. 

ORU has historically had decent attendance from the general public on that weekend (everyone is ready to get out of the house by then), but you're right:  there will only be a handful of students there.

Which, sadly, is the case for most ORU home games in recent years...

Excellent point there, OT.....like we will really miss those 50-60 students who regularly up for the ORU basketball games....I am sure that there will still be a few diehards on campus who will come out and support the team....So far, this next years' non conference schedule is shaping up as an interesting one....TheEagleman is sure that we will have a couple of money road games announced soon.....ORU can always use the $$$.... :nerd:

Today, we'll release each MBB/WBB teams' league home opener in advance of the full league schedule releases on Tue. (WBB) & Wed. (MBB).

— SummitHoops (@summithoops)

July 13, 2015