Basketball Related News

SOLO_Gold

Two tidbits to talk about. 

• First up this morning Wright State Athletic Director, Bob Grant said that the Horizon League is going to add a 10th member to their conference. This gave rise to speculation that this new member could come from our very own Summit League, Grant said that "... the new 10th member of the league will be within bussing distance from Wright State." Could that mean IPFW or IUPUI?  

So who's the Horizon League's 10th member going to be? IUPUI or IPFW would be my guess. Also heard Northern Kentucky as well

— Jordan Majewski (@jorcubsdan)

April 25, 2015

Contrary to some reports the @HorizonLeague has not offered membership to any new members to date. Stay tuned.

— Mark Adams (@EnthusiAdams)

April 25, 2015

• Next Oklahoma high school standout Curran Scott was supposed to choose between TU and Fresno State this morning on the OK Preps radio show but pivoted on his decision to announce late last night "due to new opportunities". I wonder if OU or OSU came calling...? I was really hoping Sutton and co was in on Scott but it doesn't appear that way. 

Just In: @Curran_Scott23 has informed us he's not ready to commit due to new opportunities. Will still join the #OKPreps Round Up at 9:45

— OKHardwood (@okhardwood)

April 25, 2015

• Next Oklahoma high school standout Curran Scott was supposed to choose between TU and Fresno State this morning on the OK Preps radio show but pivoted on his decision to announce late last night "due to new opportunities". I wonder if OU or OSU came calling...? I was really hoping Sutton and co was in on Scott but it doesn't appear that way. 

did a scholarship opportunity at ORU open up to change things for Scott?  or will ORU still try and pursue a big man after losing Moneke?

2015 Northeast CC (NE) F Chima Moneke has signed with UC Davis. @Chimdogg_ http://t.co/R0D03XwF0h

— Verbal Commits (@VerbalCommits)

April 25, 2015

If I remember correctly, after we came back to the Summit the league increased the exit fee for any member leaving to $1,000,000. Not impossible but a lot if someone is looking to move to the Horizon.