Billbury to VCU?

SOLO_Gold

Korey could become the most succesful ORU transfer since Mark Gottfried in 1983 (3-year starter at point guard for Alabama), Elvis Rolle in 1978 (2-year starter at Florida State), and Dana Lewis in 1968 (2-year starter at Tulsa and first-round NBA draft pick by Philadelphia).

Dana Lewis is still the answer to a trivia question here in Philly regarding name some of the worst first round draft picks in 76ers history.....I think he got cut after his first year in Philly.....that was a long time ago when TheEagleman was a young teen but I remember him as being a horrific choice.... :|

• 8 months later...

TheEagleman watched a little Billbury tonight...he was here in Philly and VCU scored a surprising 85-82 win over the 11-3 St. Joe Hawks....Korey was not impressive though...came off the bench and shot 2-9 but did have 8 boards.....:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Jon Rothstein had this in his "Observations" column on cbssports.com this past week:

• Think Korey Billbury was a key pickup for VCU ? The fifth-year transfer from Oral Roberts had 20 points and eight rebounds in Saturday's overtime win at Richmond and has completely stabilized the Rams' other wing spot across from Melvin Johnson. Billbury is shooting 45.6 percent from the field and 42.8 percent from 3-point range this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25453490/observations-yogi-ferrell-big-part-of-indianas-fast-start-in-big-ten

Personally, I love the fact that Korey is simply referred to as a "5th-year transfer".  Makes him and ORU look better.

TheEagleman always liked Billbury.....too bad he had to leave....but then again, some of the younger guys wouldn't be getting the minutes they are getting like Martin, Jeffries, etc....it was probably best for both ORU and Korey that he moved on.....VCU is a decent team and the A-10 is a pretty good league.....but probably not higher rated than the Summit this year....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Personally, I love the fact that Korey is simply referred to as a "5th-year transfer".  Makes him and ORU look better.

Korey is a city of Tulsa guy and did a lot for ORU basketball on the court.  i really hope Coach Sutton will welcome him back after his college playing is done....i.e. working summer camps; participating in summer workouts; open gyms; etc.

it is great that Korey got his degree and is playing so well for VCU this season.

To be honest, until I understand why he left, I am not excited to see him doing well at VCU because i would rather that he had been able to finish out his eligibility here.  We could really use his talents on this team this year.

I am aware that it may be best that we don't find out why he left, but I am honestly more disappointed at our loss than I am excited by VCUs gain.