Coaching Carousel 2015

Old Titan

Donnie Tyndall is out as head coach at Tennessee after only one year. Seems that The NCAA is investigating the Southern Mississippi program that he ran before taking the Tennessee job.

247 Sports is reporting that Barnes is not returning for his 18th season at Texas.

And Steve Lavin is out at St. John's

Greg Marshall (Wichita State) to Texas?

Brad Underwood (Stephen F. Austin) to Tennessee or Alabama?

Bradley went with Green Bay's Brian Wardle. (Scott Nagy was interviewed)

Is Bradley a step up from Green Bay?  The conference is better, but the history for the school seems worse IMO.  Maybe the $ were quite a bit better?

Greg Marshall reportedly interviewed with Alabama Monday.

Which means Texas may have already passed on the Wichita State coach, in favor of VCU's Shaka Smart.

Lots of these discussions take place before and during the Final Four and its subsequent meetings.  It's a veritable feeding ground for coaching prospects and AD's on the hunt.

Should see a lot more clarity by this same time next week.

I've learned that Texas' search firm reached out to representatives of Jay Wright to gauge his interest. Was told thanks but no thanks.

— Seth Davis (@SethDavisHoops)

March 31, 2015

RE: Liberty

I got a late e-mail from a source saying to keep an eye on Scott Sutton at Oral Roberts and Ritchie McKay at UVa.

— Chris Lang (@ChrisLangLNA)

April 1, 2015

BREAKING! New member of Flames Nation! @LibertyMBB press conf. Wed. at 1 p.m. Open to public! http://t.co/jhGXWXjcxh pic.twitter.com/FMdF8Y1nWu

— Liberty Flames (@libertyflames)

April 1, 2015

Would be very surprised if Scott Sutton went to a Baptist school like Liberty, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

If so, he might have to get dunked - and I ain't talking about on the basketball floor.  :rain::angel:

nope, but it would be kinda funny if Bob Hoffman lost another job to Scott Sutton...

Per @DM_Shirley, Bob Hoffman is staying at Mercer. Will not be Liberty's next head coach.

— Chris Lang (@ChrisLangLNA)

April 1, 2015

Ritchie McKay was head coach at Liberty before....I know it may not necessarily mean anything, but would they use the term "new member" of Flames nation if it was McKay?

Quick search shows that Liberty's 2013-2014 basketball budget was $1,844,506, while our basketball budget for the same time was $2,482,531.  So again, why would you leave to go to LU?  That move appears to be a demotion in more ways than one.  However, whoever on here knows Mike Minyard please contact him and get us the 411 ASAP!