ORU vs. NDSU rd 2

theeagleman5

http://www.nycbuckets.com/cbicit-tracking/

Seems like it might make sense geographically and financially to travel down to the high school gymnasium of Incarnate Word on March 17th for a CIT tourney game.........and of course the very brief Southland connection the teams have....

I know there are a lot of factors that go into making a decision like this, but as a fan it is pretty easy......I want more games!!!!!!

http://www.nycbuckets.com/cbicit-tracking/

Seems like it might make sense geographically and financially to travel down to the high school gymnasium of Incarnate Word on March 17th for a CIT tourney game.........and of course the very brief Southland connection the teams have....

I know there are a lot of factors that go into making a decision like this, but as a fan it is pretty easy......I want more games!!!!!!

at Oakland would be much more entertaining...i bet they'd have a pretty full house w/an ORU return to the O-rena

A quick check of the Oakland University athletic website shows that they are hosting Eastern Illinois in the opening round of the CIT.  Bowling Green's website has them playing in the CIT on March 17 at St. Francis (Pa.).  Incarnate Word's website states that they are definitely hosting an opening round CIT game with a team as yet to be named.  Evansville's website states that they are hosting an opening round game in the CIT on March 18 with a team yet to be named.  Western Michigan's site says they will be hosting an opening round CIT game on March 18 with a team to be determined.

Incarnate Word?....ugh.....but we might have a decent shot at coming out of there with a victory.....TheEagleman would rather see ORU head up to Evansville..... :nerd:

Incarnate Word is interesting. They are 18-10 overall and 10-8 in the Southland. They have OOC victories over Princeton (79-68), UMKC (110-104), Grand Canyon (82-80) and Nebraska (74-73), but were crushed by Tulsa (47-76). Their Southland Conference record is pretty much beat the weaker teams and get beat by the Northwestern's, SFA's and SHSU's of that conference. Their website says they are hosting a CIT game starting at 7:00 pm their time on Tuesday, March 17.

Evansviile will host a CIT game starting at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, March 18. They are 19-12 and 9-9 in the Mo Valley. They have OOC victories over Miami (O.) (69-50), Fresno State (58-52), Wright State ( 86-78), IUPUI (89-62), Belmont (65-62) and Ohio (81-69). They also beat Mo. State x2 (56-54 & 73-66).

Western Michigan will host a CIT game starting at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, March 18. They are 20-13 and 10-8 in the MAC. They have OOC victories over Oakland (82-71), Drake (91-75), San Jose State (79-60) and San Diego State (68-66).

IPFW has announced that they have received and accepted a CIT bid.  Don't know if that is good news or bad for us, but it sure seems like they would've taken a RPI 166 ORU team from the Summit vs. a 217 IPFW.  18 of the the 32 CIT slots have been "filled" at this point.  So, does this mean that we were offered and declined?

GEEZ....you would think that if ORU were going to be playing early next week that the game would be announced by now....not looking good for another game this season for us....heck, I will be glad to go play IWU....lol..... :sweat:

Much more important that we secure at least one more post player and a point guard who can run the offense and distribute the ball. Owens needs be a stronger rebounder and Javan White & Chris Miller will have to provide depth in the post. Young did a decent job at point guard, but that is not his natural position. I have heard that Anderson (red-shirt) was good in practice - but I will believe it when I see it in a game. Not sure if they are looking for Crawford to play at the point or not.

IPFW has accepted a CIT bid and will play the first round on the road. Overall they finished with a 16-14 record and 9-7 in the Summit. Their OOC wins were against Miami (O.) (86-78), Stetson (87-76), SIUE (74-71) and Jacksonville State (89-71).

Cleveland State has also accepted a CIT bid and will play on the road. Overall they finished 18-14 and 11-5 in the Horizen. Their OOC wins were against Jacksonville State (60-46), Marshall (68-59) and Western Illinois (76-54).

Either we did not receive a CIT bid or rejected the same. Or, we may have received one but are waiting to see what happens with the CBI. Who knows?

And Kristopher Martin (Dallas Kimball) did not play this year because of an eligibility issue with the district - so expect him to be a bit rusty.

Terry, I agree we need another big, one who hopefully is not only tall but has good size and arm span.

Chris Miller is a wide body and looks like he can play physical down low. White is a 6'7" or 6'8" kid with a wide wing span - and appears to be a good rebounder. We need someone who is tenacious and has a good sense for the ball. The best ORU rebounder in the last 20 years was Rocky Walls - who was only 6'7" - if that. But he seemed to know where the ball was going to be (basketball geometry) and positioned himself for the rebound. Rebounding is mostly technique and effort. Rocky Walls proved that.

TheEagleman doesn't believe that ORU would ever turn down a post season tournament bid and the chance to practice for an additional week and reward the kids with another game.....not over a few $$$...expect an announcement within the next 36 hours that we are playing on the road somewhere....the name Oral Roberts is still a decent draw on most campuses in the Midwest.... :nerd:

My question for anyone on campus....has the team still been practicing? Could that possibly be telling of the season continuing..... Just wondering

spring break.....if the players are still on campus, then i would guess the coaches think there is a chance for the CIT

Just listened to Geoff Haxton's call of the ORU 6-0 win in the first game of the baseball DH.  He metnioned that he had heard NOTHING about any CIT/CBI bid.  Of course, ORU may actually know nothing so far... but that doesn't sound good, especially with so many conference tournament upsets pushing conference champions into the NIT, and former potential NIT teams into the CBI/CIT.  It appears that 21 of the 32 spots in CIT have been claimed.

Northwestern State also picks up a home game in CIT, opening up two spots for a road team with Southwest ties.  Perhaps a Southland rematch?