IUPUI vs. ORU rd 1

theeagleman5

This is the first time in a long time that Scott has had Denell and Conley in the game at the same time. With Bilbury out we need to run with both of them in the game quite a bit for rebounding. Denell also found Conley out of the double team for an easy basket and that is the way to prevent the double team. You have to find the open man.

Webber and Obi were huge with those FTs at the end and Bobby Word hit some huge buckets when our offense hit a lull. For the most part the man to man defense worked pretty well at the end of the game. Any Summit League tournament win is a great win.

Now it is just ORU and the Dakotas left. Let's feast on buffalo burgers tomorrow night!!!

Looking at the box score we were out rebounded by 1 including IUPUI having 16 offensive rebounds to our 8. We had 7 more turnovers as well so IUPUI ended up taking 18 more attempts. In most games that will get you beat. However, we shot a higher % and had many more FT attempts and that made the difference. Our shot selection was pretty solid and it needed to be because there was little margin for error.

they changed it to 1-2 for Word.....i was was not watching closely, he must have missed the first.

Just so you guys don't think you are crazy.  Word stepped on the line.  That's why his first free throw was not good.

• Upvote 1

more good coaching from Sutton.  Kyan Brown said to Hax that they told the guys to concede the 2......ended up being surprised that IUPUI went for it.

IUPUI down three with 2.3 seconds left in the Summit and they did this ?!? #mathfail https://t.co/bTmBZ5RjxY

— Ray Curren (@currenrr)

March 9, 2015

....and when they panned the band, a geriatric trombone player was yawning.  ORU makes zero pretense of stocking any of that band with actual students.

I noticed that too. When I was a student playing in the band, it was almost all students. I wonder why that's changed?