IUPUI at ORU

theeagleman5

ORU is putting a whupping on IUPUI this afternoon at Mabee Center....with 5 minutes left it's 71-47 for the Lady Eagles....McIntyre is coming up big again with 22 and 17 so far....she still leads the nation in rebounds and is 2nd in blocked shots....our girls are starting to play their best ball as the tournament begins....a win today locks up a spot in the 4-5 game for ORU.... :nerd:

ORU rolls to an easy 84-56 victory over the Lady Jags of IUPUI at Mabee Center.....22/17 for McIntyre....we outrebound the visitors 57-36.....Doyle adds 17....Jackson 16 and Balla 11.....the Jags are a possible first round opponent in Sioux falls for ORU.....it's either them or Western Illinois....we finish the regular season above .500 at 15-14..... :clap:

Actually, Eagleman - today's game was against last place IPFW, and by winning, we earned the 3rd seed in the tourney.  We will play NDSU in the first round - and the winner will play either Denver or SDSU in the semis.

Maybe all that ginger ale is too much for you???  :wasntme:

• Upvote 1

It was great to see the ladies go out there today and take care of business.  

Third seed in the league after being picked to finish 7th.

NDSU is a good match up for us.  We split with them in league play, losing to them by 13 in Fargo in our first Summit game when we were still growing up and finding ourselves as a team, then beating them by 26 at the Mabee in January when we were playing better as a team.  That game was one of our best defensive performances of the season.  We held them to 41 points, 31.9% shooting, 16.7% on threes and forced 19 turnovers.

We honored our 5 seniors after today's game:

Honoring #ORUWBB five seniors today after the win vs IPFW pic.twitter.com/vrFVxTECot

— ORU W. Basketball (@ORUWBB)

February 28, 2015

Holding the framed jerseys from left to right: Atoe' Jackson, Tysia Manuel, Carolina Lopez, Bernadett Balla and Vicky McIntyre.

Proud of them all for what they've done for the program.

Now let's go kick some tail in Sioux Falls!

Blue Gold,

any idea who that is between Toy Jackson and April Glisson?  another transfer?

congrats to all the seniors.  also a big congrats to the entire team and coaches.....picked 7th and finished 3rd!!

Alum, that is Fruzsi Fejes, from Hungary, she signed with us last November.  I believe she'll be a freshman in eligibility starting next season.  From what I researched online when I posted about her signing, she was listed as being 6'4" but in the picture she looks as tall as Vicky, who as we know is listed at 6'7".  Could be the angle, or maybe she's grown.  Either way, lucky us.

Bria Pitts, our transfer from Arkansas, is second from the right.  Jasauen Beard, one of our freshman who's redshirting this season after tearing her ACL and meniscus in her left knee in late October, is the first one on the left.

• Upvote 1

thanks BlueGold...i imagine the Hungarian post and Pitts will plug straight into the starting lineup for Vicky and Toy.

Yes....TheEagleman gets those IPFW/IUPUIs mixed up all the time....and all this diet soda and iced tea since Thursday night has me all messed up....I stand corrected....IPFW took the beatdown from ORU today....my bad..... :wasntme:

Alum, I can see Fruzsi taking over at the '5' for Vicky, and Bria will be a strong option at the '2' but that won't happen until late December/January since she has to sit out the Fall semester due to her transfer.  I don't know a lot about the other internationals we have coming in, Maria Martianez Vendrell and Tijana Raca, but what I do know is that they played for their national teams and bring that level of experience with them, and they're both athletic and have good size.  I do know quite a bit though about our other 2 signees, Ashley Beatty and Rylie Torrey.  They're 2 of the best players in Oklahoma right now.  They are more than scorers, they rebound well, pass well and cause havoc defensively.  Ashley is probably more of a shooting guard but could play the point without a problem.  Rylie is good enough to play at the point, at shooting guard and small forward.  I'm very excited that they signed with us, I can see them both being impact players right away.

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but why not talk about the future?  I believe we have much to look forward to.

Don't think anyone in their wildest dreams expected the ladies to finish above the South Dakota schools this year, so all things considred, 3rd place has to be considered a virtual best-case scenario.

Congratulations to Misty and the team (especially Vicky) for a great year - looks like more good things to come in the future!

Yes...ORU really came on at the end of the season except for that brutal road loss a week ago.....we surely have a shot to win a game up in Sioux Falls.....especially with McIntyre in the middle....she is a beast...and TheEagleman means that as a complement!.... :nerd:

Saturday's game was fabulous! You could tell that our team really wanted this win. They played their hearts out. If we play like that up north, we'll have a chance to do some damage!

Yep. Other than the IPFW coach calling two timeouts (while down 25 points) in the final minute, then calling timeout with 9.4 seconds left to set-up a play in an attempt to injure one of our players, and his CONSTANT verbal berating of the officials and fans, it was a great day!

I couldn't tell exactly what was going on, I believe it was Esther Udoumoh that was the victim of the pick in the final seconds.  Misti put her and April Glisson into the game in the last minute with us up by 20+ and you could tell the girls were trying to get Esther the ball to see if she could score.  She'd played only 32 minutes in 8 games all season, had taken 2 shots and hadn't scored.  She took a shot and missed and then had another chance and buried a jumper.  I guess the IPFW coach didn't like the fact that we didn't hold the ball and were trying to score when we were winning by so much, or maybe he and his other coaches and his players were frustrated by getting their butts kicked.  Probably both.

Well, there was more time on the shot clock than the game clock and correct, Esther hadn't scored. Not to mention, his team was still FULL COURT PRESSING with under a minute left in the game, so the argument he might have about us not trying to score, holds NO WATER! You don't full court press, down by 25, with under a minute to play, and then get mad about us scoring!

Add in the fact that he would berate the referees, then loudly complain that Misti was talking to them too much. It was almost surreal.

Throw in his constant glaring at our bench and sarcastic/rude comments directed at our fans, and the guy wins my award for biggest clown I've ever seen in 27 years of PA announcing at the HS and college level.

But, I suppose, when you are last place in the conference and your overall coaching record is around a 40% winning percentage, you act like this?

How does that guy still have a job?

Losing a lot - and being a total jerk while doing so - is not typically a recipe for professional success.

He's been an embarrassment to IPFW for years - does their AD just not go to their women's games to witness his clown act?