Denver at ORU

theeagleman5

Denver comes to Mabee Center tonight on the heels of an impressive road win at South Dakota last Wednesday night....they are currently 6th in the Summit at 6-9 (12-16 overall) and are a possible first round opponent for ORU in Sioux Falls.....in the first meeting last month in the Mile High City, ORU dominated the first 30 minutes of the game but blew a double digit 2nd half lead when we scored just 3 points in the final 9 minutes and lost.....hopefully, the Good Guys are looking for some revenge tonight against a team that doesn't score much (62 per game) and does not rebound well....TheEagleman is thinking that while ORU showed a lot of spark two nights ago vs. NDSU.....reality could set in tonight in game two without Billbury.....Can Bobby Word be the guy who comes in and replaces Koreys' 15 point average?....I think he can do just that....Word has 3 point range that Billbury does not and getting 30-32 minutes a game just might be what Word needs....he just might go for another 20 tonight....and expect another monster game from our leader Obi Emegano....we will also need major contributions from Henderson and maybe Harris, Webber or Young....this is the final home game of the season and ORU is a 5 point pick....TheEagleman likes ORU and likes them a lot....I am not expecting a blowout like we had vs. NDSU but still thinking this should be a convincing victory for the home team.....we need to clinch that 3rd seed which would be a huge accomplishment considering where this team was just a week ago....ORU revenges the January loss at Denver with a 74-64 win and will lock horns with the Pioneers or IUPUI in the first round of the Summit League Tournament.... :nerd:

carbon copy of the game at Denver.  ORU leads most of the game, but can never extend the lead.  with 9 min to go let's see if ORU stops scoring like up in Denver.

ORU hangs on and finishes 3rd in the league.

-2 players kicked from the team

-PG issues most of the year

-a revolving starting line-up

all in all a good coaching job by Coach Sutton.  i think he about maxed out the talent he has on the roster.  now it's time to try and make some noise in Sioux Falls and hopefully improve the roster in the off season.

ORU hangs on for a 60-57 victory and clinches the 3 seed in Sioux Falls.....Obi another huge game with 25 points....13 for Henderson and 10 for Young.....the Good Guys shoot 52% from the field to get a sloppy win but TheEagleman will take it.....we also avoid South Dakota in the first round which is a good thing because they roasted SDSU tonight and beat us twice this season.....not sure if ORU draws Denver or IUPUI but am thinking I would rather play the Jags based on our regular season matchups.....we finish 17-13 for the regular season which is about a game or two under most of our predictions....but at least ORU finishes on an uptick.....now it's on to Sioux Falls where anything can happen....SDSU and NDSU will be the favorites for sure but both are not unbeatable..... :nerd:

Hard to believe we got two wins without Billbury....TheEagleman would not have believed that just over 48 hours ago.....did anybody see Korey on the bench or in the arena tonight?.... :|

It was a good game tonight. Tight the whole game. We didn't shoot the three like we did Thursday. They tried to get the ball in the post on nearly every possession. Something I thought was very surprising. I haven't seen that kind of deliberate post play in a long time. I am much more optimistic about this team than I was a week ago.

• Upvote 2