NDSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Korey Billbury suspended....a bad week just keeps getting worse....and the first place Bison come to visit Mabee Center tomorrow night....the timing isn't good.....will ORU suck it up and win one for their suspended teammate?...or will we fold up like a cheap suit as we did at Brookings last Saturday night.....I just don't see ORU having much of a chance in this one unless most of our guys have career nights.....NDSU is just too good for us and TheEagleman has lost confidence.....over/under on # of students in attendence set at 23.......Final.....Bison 77  ORU 65..... :sweat:

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

A gutty win, or an embarrassing blowout.

Just gonna have to show up and see what happens!

ORU -2 ????????????  

"call my 800 number for this free pick"

"bet til your hands bleed"

"my stone cold lead pipe lock of the century"

TheEagleman has NEVER bet against his beloved ORU at home....not ever....but tonight might be the first time depending on the line...If I can get NDSU +2....I will be loading up..... :|

I was watching a segment on CBS Sunday Morning a few weeks ago about a girls' high school basketball team that had lost all of their games for 2 or 3 straight years. In what I think was their last game of the recent season, they were losing again. They had a short bench. The only seniors fouled out. So did the juniors. Before the game ended, they were down to 4 players, and I think 2 or 3 of those were freshmen. Well, they won the game! It was a miracle.

I'm not comparing ORU to this team, but it's true that sometimes...sometimes...adversity brings out the best in people.

Win or lose, I hope the players will take a serious look at what happened this season and how they each played, and then resolve to improve.

• Upvote 1

19-and-20-year-olds: you never know what might happen!

Anything can happen (expect a miracle, right?) but it wouldn't be a smart bet to go with our Golden Eagles on this one. It feels like we're a bit out of control but hopefully our coaching staff has the guts to help them get right. 

Once again, when something appears to be a "sure bet", take the other side.

Look for someone to have a breakout/career night. Look for Word or Harris to go off for 30, raining 3's from the parking lot, like I used to back in the day.

I'd never bet against the Golden Eagles at home. The troops will rally.

ORU by 10.

• Upvote 1

:fubar: :fubar: :fubar:.....if ORU wins by 10....TheEagleman will give up all alcohol for the next 60 days........ :nerd:

TheEagleman is glad that he listened to Voice and laid off the game tonight.....Obi going off tonight and ORU up 20 at half.....41-21....amazing.....looks like I will be on the wagon for the next couple of months..... :nerd:

Well.....we wondered who might step up to take Koreys' spot and it appears to be Bobby Word who already has 14 points and 5 rebounds with 12 minutes still to play...Obi has 25 so far in a monster performance....55-34 ORU leads NDSU in what appears to be a laugher at Mabee Center.....Voice surely had a word of knowledge this afternoon when he predicted a big Golden Eagle victory and steered TheEagleman off of NDSU.....well done, sir!...... :clap:

Hardly a laugher: NDSU playing much better on offense in second half, now pressing full court down 18 with 10 minutes to go.

I have the distinct feeling the rest of this game is going to be tense...

i'm guessing this is the anonymous piece ripping Scott Sutton in the TW that Carpenter referenced had some people upset.

By THE PICKER

The email question is: How does the ORU basketball coach keep his job?

This is in obvious reference to ORU not winning many important games (except for thumping Tulsa) in a conference known more for its elbow room than its hoops.

We're almost stumped by the question and had to ask around.

The answer would seem to include these elements:

1. The ORU coach is an extremely nice man.

2. The athletic director loves the Sutton family.

3. Nobody over there is too concerned with losing, which makes it one of the best jobs in all of basketball.

74-58 final tonight for the Good Guys....a butt whipping....ORU played with emotion and a passion tonight against first place NDSU that we have not seen for most of this season.....Obi Emegano was in beast mode with 34 points and 8 boards.....somebody had to step up to fill in for Billbury and Bobby Word did that with 20 points and 7 rebounds....TheEagleman isn't deluded that we can win the tournament in Sioux Falls but ORU is certainly capable of beating anybody in the Summit on any night......they proved that they have not packed it in for the season and hopefully will show the same kind of heart on Saturday night vs. Denver when we will be playing for a possible 3 seed in March.....congrats to Coach Sutton and the guys tonight.....next to the TU game this was the best 40 minute performance of the season..... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Upvote 1