Sioux Falls

Old Titan

ORU's only hope is for a team like IPFW to knock off SDSU in the semi finals....then if we could get by IUPUI and NDSU and reach the finals we would be playing in a half empty arena vs. the Mastodons.....it's an unlikely scenario....but not impossible.....SDSU or NDSU usually gets to the finals....this year they both might be there.... :nerd:

If we make the finals, I'll be tickled pink, and wouldn't really care who the opponent was.

Honestly, if you get the "home" team in a situation like that and keep the game close, it often works in your favor, as the home team begins to feel the noose of expectations tighten around their proverbial necks...

I would not be surprised if ORU goes out in the first round or advances to the final game.....the consistent thing about this team is that their level of play from game to game has been inconsistent.

Alum is soooo correct....this team has been a heart attack all season and will likely continue to be so in the tournament....two wins over NDSU and Denver last week doesn't change anything..... :sweat:

When the most consistent part of your team is inconsistency I wouldn't count on a sudden miraculous turnaround. Prediction: close loss to IUPUI in the first round.

It truly would be a fitting ending to the season if we got beat by 10-20 IUPUI in the first round....but frankly, TheEagleman isn't seeing that....I haven't started analyzing the film yet and will come up with my prediction closer to the weekend but I think we should beat the Jags....they have played poorly over the past month.... :nerd:

It's hard to beat a team three times in one season when you're roughly the same in terms of talent.

But, ORU is a little different offensively now that Billbury is out of the line-up.  Obi touches the ball nearly every possession now, and while that has slowed the offense somewhat, it has proven effective in terms of overall shot selection the last two games.

The most glaring drawback of not having Korey on the floor is in the rebounding category.  Denver, literally the worst rebounding team in NCAA Division-1, outboarded ORU Saturday night.

All things considered, I'm expecting a close, low-scoring game with IUPUI, in front of the smallest crowd of the week in Sioux Falls. 

It's anybody's guess which team will make a couple of plays down the stretch to win it.

I predict we crush the competition, win the Summit and either hit the Sweet 16 or Elite 8 in the Big Dance. Of course we may be a one and done in the Summit. Then again, this could be all the meds I am on talking. 😳

SDSU is up on WIU 56-23 early in the 2nd half....looks like the #1 seed has come to play..... :nerd:

The Jacks roll.....87-50.....clearly SDSU is the team to beat.....WIU's bus was warming up before halftime..... :|

Denver  27  NDSU 23 at halftime....oh boy....... :wasntme:

NDSU has started the 2nd half on a 12-2 run.....35-29 Bison with 13 minutes left..... :nerd:

Denver could not take advantage of the poor shooting 1st half from NDSU.....the Bizon came out and really won the first 4 minutes out of the locker room.

a good sign for NDSU if they hang on and win.  they will not shoot this poorly in the next round.

NDSU rolls to a 61-50 victory and awaits the winner of ORU-IUPUI..... :|

If anybody was wondering how huge it was for ORU to escape having to play in that 4-vs-5 game vs. South Dakota:  the Yotes lead IPFW 44-23 at the half. 

One of the USD guards, Bos, has 19 points on 6-of-6 three's at the break.

Wow...favored IPFW getting rolled at the half 44-23....that's more than a bit of a surprise.....guessing a lot of Coyote fans are in the stands tonight but still....a 21 point lead?....the Mastadons have gone on a 9-2 run to start the 2nd half and it's now 46-32 with 16 min left to play..... :nerd:

Looks like SD has withstood the IPFW 2nd half run....the Mastodons got within 9 but now the Coyotes are back to a 67-48 lead with just 6 minutes left to play.....so SDSU and SD should be an interesting matchup in Game One Monday evening.... :nerd:

IPFW not giving up....they have trimmed the lead back to single digits at 72-63 but just two minutes left to play..... :|