ORU at SDSU

theeagleman5

Probably good that he wasn't wearing a tie, he might have tried to hang himself with it at some point during the first half.

Overall, one of the worst ORU basketball days in recent history, or maybe ever.  The guys and girls both get blasted on the road, and it was eerily similar as to how it happened and the circumstances of each.  I watched the girls take the court and go up by three in the first few minutes, and then from that point forward they played like zombies- no energy, shoulders hung, uninspired, and they played terrible defense.  Then I watched the guys play and act almost the same way.

Games happen where you just stink, but considering what was at stake for both teams it was very disappointing and almost inexplicable how both teams could have played so poorly.

When Coach did his postgame talk with Hax, he mentioned that this game was one of the 3 worst he could remember since he's been the head coach at ORU.  The others were at Louisville a few years ago and at OU earlier this season.  Pretty scary that 2 of the 3 worst games on his list have happened this season.

I still believe this team has the talent to win the last 2 regular-season games and make a run in the Summit League Tournament.  We obviously have to play way way better and leaders need to step up- we know the younger guys look to Obi and Korey, and to some extent Denell, for leadership, and with those guys it's more a case of them leading by example on the court than what they say in the huddle or the locker room.

TheEagleman will be VERY surprised if we beat NDSU at home on Thursday night....I don't believe that I have ever bet against my boys at Mabee Center.....but if this game is a pick em or ORU is a slight favorite...this just might be a first....hard to believe that the Bison won't come away with a win here.....but still 48 hours to decide....this is a huge game for ORU....to show if we still have any fight left.....TheEagleman isn't optimistic.... :sweat: