Western Illinois at ORU

theeagleman5

WIU has gone in the tank since their quick start in the Summit....they have lost 8 of their last 9 games and are only ahead of Nebraska Omaha in the standing...8-13 overall....honestly, they stink....we have already beaten them at their place last month by 9 points in a game where we didn't play very well....we are down the the stretch run now and if ORU is gonna finish in the top 2 or 3 for seeding we need to get rolling here....no less than 5 wins of out of the final 6 games is acceptable to TheEagleman...so I am expecting a big performance from the good guys tomorrow night.....this is a team we should pound at home....Obi should be ready for a big performance against his former team....so no reason to let them hang around until the final five minutes giving the Leathernecks any hope....let's beat them down early and often....it would be nice to get a full 40 minute effort from our starters and the bench....is that possible with this team?...not sure but I am looking for that against this sorry WIU bunch....we are due for a breather.....ORU wins going away 77-59..... :eagles:

good night for Aaron Young - 8/0 assist to turnover :clap: :clap:

tough minutes from Singleton and Lee.....AY may get as many minutes as he can handle down the stretch

Didn't get to see the game but sounds like a decent 77-67 victory for ORU...Billbury leads with 20...Emegano 19 and Henderson 14.....Glad to see Young with a nice game at PG....plus we almost got a break from Denver but NDSU prevailed in OT by 4 points.....so now we are coming down the stretch run in the regular season....we got the first one of our final six games....we just need to keep winning to try and get one of those top 3 seeds.....Go Blue!... :clap:

It was great to see Bontrager back working an ORU game.  I hope the was not just a one time thing. 

I'd be okay with this being the permanent broadcast team for all ORUMBB TV broadcasts. :up: :up:

Good to have @oruathletics Hall of Famer Steve Bontrager providing commentary for tonight's @ESPN3 broadcast #ORUMBB pic.twitter.com/hoGMdPzEzf

— ORU Basketball (@ORUMBB)

February 13, 2015

From what I understand, you'll be seeing/hearing Bontrager on a more regular basis, moving forward!

I am very glad the fences were mended and Steve is back 'home', where he belongs.

The same can be said about Trickey (before he passed) and other former athletes that had lost touch with the program.

• Upvote 1

great to hear voice.....thanks to whoever in the athletic dept was responsible for making that happen.