ORU at IPFW

theeagleman5

Huge game tonight in Fort Wayne....this is a battle between two teams on a roll and for a shot at remaining in 3rd place in the Summit League....the Mastodons have won four straight including impressive wins over SDSU and NDSU at home along with two road victories....ORU has come on to win a pair of road games in the past week and looking for the trifecta.....IPFW is right behind us in the standings and will be looking to revenge that four point loss at Mabee Center last month.....that was a slow paced ugly game and this will likely be the same....it will come down to who can protect the ball and make the clutch FTs at the end.....we need our big guns to come thru again like they did at IUPUI on Thursday night...winning 3 straight on the road seemed near impossible a week ago but here we are with a shot to do just that.....TheEagleman really wants this game because then we come home for two winnable contests and have 4 of the final 6 at Mabee......a win tonight could put us in the drivers seat to get one of the top 3 seeds in the tournament....are we ready to take that step?....TheEagleman isn't convinced just yet.....IPFW is a 2 point favorite tonight on the Vegas line and that about says what kind of game this will be....very close....could even be an overtime contest.....it should go down to the final minute but I think ORU will come up just a bit short....hope I am wrong but I see IPFW edging out ORU by 71-68.... :sweat:

We need to speed the game up. Apply pressure and get our guys scoring off defense.

We need contributions from Conley. He is a key.

good finish to the half for ORU after a slow start..  it was good to see ORU knock down three straight 1-and-1's.

Forbes was a non-factor....look for him to assert himself in the second half.

things even out in the second half....2 front end 1-and-1 misses for ORU from Word and Henderson

tough loss for ORU....just could not get the needed stops down the stretch and FW knocked down their FT's.

Another close, tough loss! They played hard, sounds like not enough 3's were dropping.....I listened to Hax & coach's post game and it sounded like the 'Dons fans were jerks! I sure hope ORU sees them in the conference tourney and knocks them out!

I'm just throwin this out there, but I really think ORU can win the last 6 games and be heading into the conference tourney with a lot of confidence.....it's gotta start with WIU on Thursday...

IPFW is playing like the pre-season favorite they were supposed to be.  The Dons finished off a nice weekend sweep of SDSU and ORU tonight.  Nothing to be ashamed about here.  We're now 3-3 on the road in the Summit, with remaining games against a contender (SDSU) and the cellar-dweller (Omaha), so the prospects of finishing .500 on the road are strong.  All in all, that's a very respectable record.

Pretty much the expected result tonight in Fort Wayne...75-69 Mastadons.....IPFW is starting to play like one of the top 3 teams in the Summit as they were expected to be....not a horrific loss tonight as it sounds like ORU battled to the very end....getting 2 of 3 on this road trip is what I would have taken in a heatbeat a week ago....so now we have 4 of the last 6 at Mabee Center....TheEagleman is hoping for a 5-1 finish...but we will need to step up our game.....We got 16 from Bobby Word tonight....but nothing from Conley....Henderson also fouled out....we need his big body in the game....Obi and Korey are solid but not shooting well from the floor.....oh well.....let's hope for a couple of breathers next week at home....why do i think that won't happen?........ :nerd:

The four top teams (the XDSUs, ORU and IPFW) are beginning to separate themselves from the rest of the pack - and I'd be surprised if these weren't the top four seeds in the tourney - and the likely semi-finalists.  It will be interesting to see which of the other three are matched up with SDSU in the semis - as the Jacks will be a tough out in Sioux Falls.

And, Eagleman, kudos on the 71-68 IPFW pick.  I didn't think (going in) either team would hit the 70's, but you were right on it.  In fact, with 15 seconds left it was 72-69 IPFW.  Scary close!  :nerd:

LOL....and for the 2nd straight Saturday, TheEagleman bet against ORU on the road because I just felt IPFW was playing well at home and we were playing our third straight away from Mabee Center...all the odds said take the Mastadons -2....and it paid off for a nice $50.....honestly, i am not a big better....the horses and a basketball game now and then when i think i have a virtual lock....last night I hit on IPFW -2 and the 76ers +8.5 at home vs. Charlotte.....the Sixers won the game outright by 8.....cha-ching!!!...........I have made maybe 20 basketball bets this season and lost only twice....the key is to know your teams and the situations........ :nerd:

winning at a clip like that, you need to start your own tout service Eagleman.  

did you play SMU-Tulsa last night?  i thought that looked like easy money w/Tulsa due a loss, SMU only giving 1.5, and having a distinct advantage on the sidelines w/Brown over Haith.

I did not go for that game but i did think about taking TU....Glad i didn't....i rarely bet more than one game a night but last night was an exception....Honestly, I only bet teams that I follow and know well....when i believe that i have some inside info and that the Vegas line might be a bit off....then i feel pretty confident....like last night just made no sense not to take IPFW....did have to sweat out the final minute but I felt that if ORU won the game then it was worth the $50 loss...but i just believed IPFW would most likely win....the Sixers game to me was just a give away....I just felt that Philly coming off a tough loss in Boston the night before would be ready to beat a mediocre Charlotte Hornets team at home....plus I was getting an 8.5 point cushion....i felt that we would win outright and we did.....Don't laugh but this Sixers team is getting better and better and Brett Brown (a former Popovich asst) is a tremendous coach....he is getting a lot of this young team....Carter-Williams, Noel, McDaniels and Covington are gonna be good players also Grant and Sampson are decent contributors......and we lost Tony Wroten for the season to a knee injury....wait until we get Joel Embiid healthy next season and Saric from Turkey....also we will have a top 5 pick in June plus Miami's first round pick this year.....look out for the Sixers in a couple years..... :nerd: