0 for the last 26 road games!!!

Holtontulsa

You certainly have to have something special going on in order to be this bad on the road.  Is it possible they will complete two full years without a road win?

Beating the top two teams in the Summit, on their home floors, is a difficult time to get off that 0 fer situation.  The "good" news is that Vicki McIntyre was selected as SL POW for WBB.  Very sound individual player, just a less than resounding supporting cast.

Good things have happened this season.  We beat Tulsa to win the Mayor's Cup.  We're 9-1 at home, including 4-0 in Summit games.  Vicky McIntyre leads the country in rebounding and blocks.

We have high expectations, so this hasn't been a good season by anyone's standards.  We've taken our lumps while giving our freshmen heavy minutes, but building a team is a process that can be painful at times.  Hopefully the experience the young ones are getting will bear more positive fruit as this season's schedule plays out, and on into next season when we'll add to the current talent we have, and on until we can reach the level of sustained success we always hope for and have come to expect.

If it happens, great, everyone that cares will benefit.  If not, changes will likely happen and we'll go from there.  What other choices are there?  I don't believe the status quo is acceptable to anyone that cares about this program.

JJONES...I'm curious on your take on Utah State this year, at 6-15.

Seems like their coach had a couple of very mediocre seasons (even though picked at the top of their conference), with the previous coaches players, and now has fallen into the abyss. Will your pal be looking for a job, in the near future? Maybe he can come back to Tulsa and we can let him be one of the ORU ball kids!?!

Or, maybe he has some experience in roofing?

OH CANADA!!!!!!!!  Where are you getting your Utah State info? How does Utah State have anything to do with the 0-26 on the road since Misti started obtaining her own players.  She hasn't won a game on the road with her own squad yet lol...  I would bet he has experience doing a lot of things, however, selling cheap logo pens, tee shirts and ball caps probably isn't one of them.  I have been around a few programs in my days and there is always that one fan or in your case challenged member of the glee team that clings and hangs around the staff (or the staff's spouse) to feel like they belong or feel like they are important, I am beginning to think that the Voice clings and hangs and browns his nose more than he would like people to think.  When Misti gets a sniff of the accolades that her former boss has give me a call and we can compare apples.  Until then enjoy sucking the teet of the 0-26 squad until the blind squirrel finds a nut, or in this case, a road win!

OUT

Tonight, tonight, will this be the night?  ORU @ 1-8 Omaha.  Was Omaha in their first year up when ORU left for the Southland?  Should be the best chance in Summit play for the Eagles to get a W.

Yes, Rabbit....tonight will be the night....TheEagleman says....ORU 71  Omaha 68.... :eagles:

It's over!  We win tonight at Omaha 66-52.

Vicky with 33 points, 24 rebounds . . . a very sweet homecoming for her.

Way to go Eagles!!

• Upvote 2

YIPPPPEEEE!!!....33 and 24?....WOW!!!...what an individual performance in this big road win....TheEagleman says Congrats to the ORU ladies......Enjoy Jonesy...... :* :* :*

• Upvote 1

Well hot damn!  1/26 on the road, Misti has won .03% of her road games since the Lupers, Bighams and Bucks have graduated!  Most certainly was the most dominant post performance by any oru post player since maybe Kisa Bradley.

At least point you must be positive and say that 1/26, 1 one game road win streak is solid!  Too bad you didn't get to call this one Voice, I am almost certain that you were glued to your computer watching it on ELIVE with your TU womens soccer headband on, though

Could someone with the power to do so please ban this fool?

The bizarre vendetta against Misti Cussen is one thing; the personal attacks on ORUVoice are quite another.

Criticizing someone's opinion is allowed on this site, but the there's a line you should not cross when it comes to just plain being a jerk, and he's stepped WAY over it.

Streaks like that are meant to be broken.  Congrats to the Lady Eagles for getting rid of the goose egg.  Getting road wins is always a good thing.  Congrats to Vicki McIntryre.  WHAT A DOMINATING PERFORMANCE.  ORU is blessed to have her this year. 

As an loyal opponent, I'll be happy that we won't see Ms. McIntyre next year, she's very good.  Best of success (except vs SDSU) the rest of the season.

I'm so happy for our team! I prayed some extra prayers yesterday for last night's game, and am relieved that we've achieved this road win. I hope this gives the ladies the confidence they need to win their last two road games before the tournament. I can't wait for this Saturday's game at the Mabee!

34 and 23 are AMAZING numbers....you don't see that very often....in fact, TheEagleman is fairly sure that no ORU basketball player male or female has ever put up those kinds of numbers in one game (30+ and 20+)......WOW!.... :clap:

I'll take care of it, OT.  Oh wait, I can't ban people... wishful thinking, I guess.

I have another idea.  I'll send him a present to cheer him up since he never seems to be happy and according to his own words, never has anything good to say.  Some of the ORU fans that came out last night to support the team in Omaha had pretty cool signs and I think he'd enjoy having the one of Misti:

B9DVh4LCYAASd5f.jpg

(Photo credit: Ryan Shaugnessy "

Great night w/ local ORU NE Alumni, friends, family cheering on ORU Women's BBall! #ORUWBB #ORUAlumni #ORUAthletics pic.twitter.com/BkyiAdHyJk

— Ryan Shaughnessy (@RJtheDJ8)

February 5, 2015
")

Need his address though.  I know, I'll contact the women's basketball office, I'm sure they have it listed somewhere, most likely at the top of the Misti Cussen VIP donor list along with his name.  Or I'll just call Utah State and get it from Jerry.

Then again, trolls never use their real names, so this might be tough.  Oh well, his loss.

LOL! Don't sweat it, OT. I actually kinda like JJONES. He's a sweet kid.

And, he's got to be reeling after ANOTHER Utah State loss, this time to Boise by 44 points!  That's 6-16, for those keeping score at home.

And yes, past records are all fine and dandy. But, I'll wager with him that within another year or two, ORU will be winning 20 games a year, in the top 2-3 in the conference, and enjoying post-season play.

I know it hurts you, but the future is bright for the ORU women's program.