ORU Athletics Hall of Fame

BlueGold

Pictures and video from today's unveiling of the new Athletic Hall of Fame display in the North Lobby of the Mabee Center:

And there it is! What a great way to honor our history that includes National Champions and All-Americans pic.twitter.com/BsrFGkh4Ce

— ORU Athletics (@ORUAthletics)

January 24, 2015

What a great group of Hall of Famers on hand for today's ceremony. See all the pictures at http://t.co/hRhrrKFDbQ pic.twitter.com/P4BYG2wJLu

— ORU Athletics (@ORUAthletics)

January 24, 2015

Video from John Hoover of the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworldtv.com/ORU-Athletics-Hall-of-Fame-28427183?playlistId=15318

Sorry for providing just the link, I couldn't get the video to embed properly.  It's pretty cool seeing and hearing from Richard Fuqua, as well as the other Hall of Famers.

ORU Athletics:  Welcome back to past Hall of Fame classes and congratulations to our three new members. So much talent in this picture

From left to right, holding the plaques are:  Steve Bontrager (basketball), Jessica (Kellogg) Edmiston (soccer) and Pamela Ontiveros (golf).

Congratulations to all three and welcome to the Hall of Fame.

10547049_752844401473074_45400394_n.jpg

Is that Richard R. on the end in the leather jacket????........ :razz:  :rofl:  :razz:

I believe that's Smitty, aka Glenn Smith, our illustrious former head trainer, road trip travel planner, van driver, gum supplier, and resident comedian.  He's a very funny guy, one of the funniest I've met, and a credit to the human race.

Ah yes....TheEagleman knew a young Glenn Smith when he was the trainer at ORU back in the 70's....a very very nice man.....Smitty surely earned his spot in the ORU HOF.... :clap:....by the way...is Richard Fuqua in that photo????

That might be him, fifth from the left in the back row wearing the baseball cap, light blue shirt, but it's hard for me to tell.  In my first post he's in the second picture in the back row under the 'U' in ORU.  He's wearing a light brown baseball cap and a plaid shirt there.  I can't tell if that's the same person that I think might be him in the group picture on the Mabee Center floor.  Obviously, the years have changed him, as they have all of us, and these Hall of Fame pictures and the video were the first time I'd seen him other than in pictures when he was playing at ORU.

The Mad Bomber.  I can only imagine what Mr. Fuqua would have done if there had been a three-point shot when he was playing.

oh man....Fuqua could really bomb away from 20+....i can remember him him draining long range shots by the bucket full....and TheEagleman was only there for his senior year......he only played one season at Mabee Center....the rest was in the old HRC....I saw one game there early in the 1971-72 season when i was visiting the campus....that building was electric and I think Richard scored over 40 that night.....certainly one of the top 5 players in ORU history and he got Mabee Center built.....but honestly, I think Anthony Roberts was the better all around player....loved that kid.... :nerd: