Omaha at ORU

theeagleman5

Right on the money, OT!

They were subbing offense/defense, while down 20, with under 5 minutes to play. Then, called a timeout, down 18, with under 2 minutes to play. Then, their coaches got REALLY upset when we scored late, to go over 100. Very "small time" behavior.

And yes, there big guy (Rostampour) was a goon. On the opening tip, he grabbed the ball, made a demonstrative swing of his arms and big grunt, as he brought the ball down...with NO ONE around him. It was quite funny, actually. And, an indicator of what was to come.

79-59 ORU with 12 minutes left to play.....lots of run and gun....btw.....what happened to Billburys' hair???..... :|

Not sure about Korey's hair, but I miss it!  Made him distinctive.  He sure played great, though!  Maybe it weighed him down.  LOL.

Right on the money, OT!

They were subbing offense/defense, while down 20, with under 5 minutes to play. Then, called a timeout, down 18, with under 2 minutes to play. Then, their coaches got REALLY upset when we scored late, to go over 100. Very "small time" behavior.

And yes, there big guy (Rostampour) was a goon. On the opening tip, he grabbed the ball, made a demonstrative swing of his arms and big grunt, as he brought the ball down...with NO ONE around him. It was quite funny, actually. And, an indicator of what was to come.

When our guys crossed half court with 25 seconds to go sitting at 99 points, Bobby Word started to pull up and hold the ball for the final ticks.

He was promptly double-teamed by the Mav guards.

At which point the ORU coaching staff in unison motioned, "GO ON!!"

So, Bobby threw it to (I think) Jabar, who then (I think) threw it back to him for a wide open three, which he hit.

Here's the unwritten rule these days late in a blowout:  if the opposition defense doesn't attempt to contest you with the shot clock turned off, you hold the ball as a courtesy till the game clock runs out.

But, if they come out and try to guard you like a normal possession, then GAME ON.

• Upvote 1

PRECISELY! They were playing with their hair on fire (and calling timeouts, and subbing constantly), up until the final gun. And, that is 100% fine!!

But, don't be a whiney baby when you do that and your opponent chucks in a 3.

You guys are right on (as usual). I (and the crowd) were hoping for the century mark, but knew that we had lost the chance when we took possession with the shot clock off. That's just the way we play (and the right way, IMHO). I couldn't believe it when they brought the pressure - and Bobby seemed surprised too, not really knowing what to do (what's the right thing to do to stay classy when they're doing the WRONG thing???). I'm SO glad he knocked down the three - it made for a nice exclamation point on a fun evening of basketball.

Not sure about Korey's hair, but I miss it!  Made him distinctive.  He sure played great, though!  Maybe it weighed him down.  LOL.

Korey's mom sits near us and she says, "thats the real Korey".  Apparently she never liked the hair. 

Korey's mom sits near us and she says, "thats the real Korey".  Apparently she never liked the hair. 

You gotta love moms...bet she was proud!

She said that she has been after him to cut his hair for four years. I love hearing her cheer for her son - and scold him when he makes a mistake.

OK, I'm taking a poll.  Who was the bigger tool Wednesday night:  goonish post man Mike Rostampour, who fouled out of his 7th game of the year and drew yet another flagrant foul for throwing an elbow while setting a pick, OR boorish head coach Derrin Hansen, who screamed obscenities across the court at the refs all night long, then stone-faced and limp-wristed the handshake line with the ORU coaches and players after the game?

The answer is both. Rostampour went out of his way in throwing that elbow at Word. I can understand and appreciate players who compete & play hard - sometimes it can be misunderstood as playing dirty, but they are just playing physical. Rostampour looked like he was playing too rough. I saw several times where he stuck a knee into one of our players' thigh as part of setting a screen. Very consistent. I was surprised that he was not taken out of the game by his coach after being assessed the flagrant foul.

It looked to me that Omaha was determined that Emegano was not going to beat them. They were very physical with him. At one point in the game I jokingly told the people around me that Obi was going to single-handedly foul out all of their players

1) It's not the winning team's job to throw in the towel for the losing team. The team that's down decides when they've had enough, and the winning side follows suit.

2) With his hair, Korey looked exactly like Sanka from "Cool Runnings", so I'm disappointed that he cut it. But if he averages 34 points per without it, then I'm ok with it.

Flagrant elbows by the goon are bad enough but the coach continually spewing profanities at the officials on the court of a Christian university is totally classless.....TheEagleman hopes that we kick their A$$ (whoops!) again up in Omaha..... :*