Aftermath of ORU's loss at Missouri State

SOLO_Gold

A liitle harsh, in my opinion.

Ben is new to the ORU beat, so he doesn't realize that:

1.  Scott Sutton teams always seem to enjoy more success in the second half of the year (at least, during the regular season schedule).

2.  ORU's non-conference record is NEVER very good, especially on the road, due to a combination of factors:  tough competition, brutal travel, etc.

3.  The Summit League is not as strong this year as in recent seasons, especially after the top 4-5 contenders.

Even if ORU does not register another D-1 non-conference win, I still think they will win some conference road games and contend for the SL regular season crown.

IF (and that's a big if) Obi is healthy...

I actually really enjoyed his perspective. Being new to be beat he hasn't been "trained" to see ORU basketball through the lens we all settle to see them through. Scott's teams consistently struggle to maintain a mentality conducive to winning (which is why recently even good teams haven't been able to win in conference tournaments). He seems to be the constant in the equation.

• Upvote 1

Seems like the past few years that Scott Suttons' teams have lacked focus, emotion and the killer instinct.....and also how is it that a former OSU PG fails to recruit a decent PG to run his offense....TheEagleman just doesn't get it.....I am not sure that this a team that can finish above .500 for the season.....not really looking good..... :sweat:

i'm not ready to give up on this team.  we know they have all league level players in Obi and Korey and an improving low post game in Henderson and Owens.  PG play and three point shooting are glaring weaknesses....improved play from Young with experience, better play from Harris, and a more consistent Word would go a long way to earning some road victories.  this team is also missing Wilson's hustle minutes.

to hear Hax's call of the last few games, it sounds like Obi is out there with a walker.  why not shut him down for the next few games and then maybe only play him three out of every four league games so his body can recover?

all that matters is that the team is playing their best going into the tournament...then who know how the ball will bounce.

TheEagleman is also not giving up on this ORU squad....just saying that  the consistancy of their play this season has been disappointing especially considering how they performed vs. TU, NM State, Milwaukee and Missouri State....then to lay eggs in most of the other games....for sure it doesn't sound as if Obi is at full health because when he is there is no one who hustles more.....Billbury has also disappeared in some games....agree that I would rest Obi vs. Haskell and not even dress the kid if his knee is hurting.....i would play our starters only a few minutes if at all..... :nerd: