ORU at Memphis

theeagleman5

Memphis comes into this game today at 5-4 with two wins in a row vs. a couple of dog teams....last Saturday they got waxed by Oklahoma State and we know they already got hammered our old pals at SFA....so this isn't a really good Memphis team....they have a couple of tall guys and their leading scorer is 6-8....so expect them to try and pound it inside against ORU this afternoon......if our guys come ready to play and have their A game this is one we could steal on the road....but our play has been so inconsistent.....if we perform as we did Monday night vs. Missouri State then we could even our record at 5-5......but if we play as we did at OU then it's not likely to be a fun plane ride home....of course it's always difficult to win on the road and while TheEagleman thinks that ORU will be competitive today I just am not feeling a victory.....we would have to have a big performance from Obi and Korey.....and that's just to have a shot.....ORU really needs to get out to a strong start and force the Tigers to play from behind....get their home crowd in a negative mood....I am thinking that we hang around but Memphis ends up on the winning side by about 79-70..... :nerd:

I hate to put it all on Obi's shoulders, but if he can't be his usual self, little chance for this ORU team to win today. 

Or, most times they play... :doh:

It's not far-fetched to say this is a very "WINNABLE" game.

A very average South Carolina Upstate team hung around with Memphis to the end of the game, not to mention SFA beat them soundly 64-52. I would say ORU lies somewhere between those two teams in talent.

My heart says ORU wins on a bad Memphis shooting night 61-58

Unfortunately, Memphis is not overlooking ORU http://memphis.247sports.com/Article/Memphis-vs-Oral-Roberts-LIVE-game-blog-34015838

i got worried when they got down 15, but a nice run by ORU got them back in the game.  a very good half from Albert Owens.

TheEagleman didn't see any of the game.....another disappointing effort from Obi....appears that only Billbury showed up with 21.....very disappointing that ORU wasn't more competive.....we really need a win at Missouri State on Monday night.....Bears are an early 4 point favorite.....I guess it depends on which ORU team shows up....can we get the same effort that we got last Monday at Mabee Center?.....who knows.....

I guess Obi just isn't 100% yet with the knee?....sometimes that kind of injury takes 18 months or longer to fully heal and get back to full strength...plus we have been playing a lot of games over the past week.....he likely does need a break.....after tonight he gets a week off..... :eagles:

There's not a whole lot of structure on offense. Need somebody to start feeding the post.

What's the story on Darian Harris? This was the first I've seen of him. He had two nice shots from 3-point range, one that went down. He has good size to stretch defenses and looks at least competent on the floor. Is defense the reason he hasn't played more? 

There's not a whole lot of structure on offense. Need somebody to start feeding the post.

What's the story on Darian Harris? This was the first I've seen of him. He had two nice shots from 3-point range, one that went down. He has good size to stretch defenses and looks at least competent on the floor. Is defense the reason he hasn't played more? 

Too soft:  needs to hit the weight room and eat some raw meat. :muscle: