ORU vs. Missouri State

ORUTerry

ORU HAS put them away....71-49 with six minutes to play....blowout time and we can go to the bench and hopefully have a little gas left in the tank for OU tomorrow... :nerd:

Five guys in double figures so far led by Word with 16 and Webber 15...who would have thought ORU would be blowing out Missouri State with only 16 combined points by Obi and Korey.... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

ORU rolls Missouri St. 80-61...a complete beat down in the 2nd half (48-28).....Word 16....Webber 15....Obi 12...Young 12....Henderson 12......talk about balanced scoring!....TheEagleman loves it.....so the sparse Mabee Center "crowd" goes home happy and ORU evens its' record at 4-4 as we head to Norman to battle highly rated OU on ESPNU tomorrow night..... :clap:

Listened to Geoff's broadcast on the web. He said the team is going to Norman tonight. Hopefully they can get some rest. Good job and great win tonight!

Awesome win! Just what we needed so as not to have burned out all the gas in Korey and Obi's tanks.

Bring on the Sooners.

• Upvote 1

NJIT beat Michigan last week and Incarnate Word stunned Nebraska.....anything can and could happen in Norman tomorrow night....not likely....but TheEagleman still EXPECTS A MIRACLE...... :|

• Upvote 1

If our Eagles take the energy with them to Norman that they had against New Mexico State and Missouri State, it could definitely be an upset. I'm not sure who gave who motivation tonight, but our little crowd gave it all we had and so did the players.  Go Eagles!!!

:eagles:

Nice win against the MSU Bears last night. The game looks really easy when you shoot the ball well. I thought we played good defense for most of the evening - denying the ball and guarding shots for the most part. The key was keeping Ruder scoreless (!!) and Marshall to only 12 points. The guys guarding those two guys did a good job.

I thought that we were out hustled for rebounds at times, but I continue to like what I see from Henderson and Owens. Having Webber, Word and Young as outside threats help keep the defense stretched. if you had told me before the game that Billbury would only score 4 points and Emegano would contribute 12 - I would have thought we would lose. It was nice to get production from other players to show that we can score in different ways.

Easily the best performance of the year.  Hate to think how badly ORU would have beaten TU if they had played like this.

I have no idea how Aaron Young will do against the OU guards, or the rest of the guards he will face in the non-conference schedule, but he showed me something against MSU.

For one thing, he played better defense than I thought he could against MSU's scoring-threat Ruder.  Basically pestered him to death.

Secondly, he took command in running the offense, with a maturity that belies his teenage looks.  He was directing traffic, getting people into the right spots, and was patient with the ball. 

And for the second game in a row, he surprised the defense and gave his team a spark with timely 3-point shooting (a lost skill among point guards all across the college landscape these days).

In short:  I think we may have finally found ourselves a point guard!

At least, a point guard who should be able to run the show against most Summit League opponents.

Also, it appears as though the writer of that story is also a guy that posts on the MSU message board. The same guy that said something to the effect that, "The ORU support staff was very rude, pretty much what you'd expect from Protestants".

Reading their message board reminded me of the TU message board. I got the feeling that because they made a nice run a decade or so back, they feel entitled and they see themselves much more highly, than they actually are...

Also, it appears as though the writer of that story is also a guy that posts on the MSU message board. The same guy that said something to the effect that, "The ORU support staff was very rude, pretty much what you'd expect from Protestants".

Reading their message board reminded me of the TU message board. I got the feeling that because they made a nice run a decade or so back, they feel entitled and they see themselves much more highly, than they actually are...

This^^^^^^.

It's that Bass Pro Shop money:  makes snobs of everybody.

You would think to look down on an opponent like ORU, you should at least beat us more than we beat you.

I still remember the year that ORU played them in Springfield and Caleb Green just went off. If memory serves me right, they did not think they had to double team him - and Caleb showed them how wrong they were. And then when they did double team him - they still couldn't stop him.

• Upvote 2