ORU at Weber State

theeagleman5

To be honest, TheEagleman knows nothing about Weber State except that they are 2-3 like us and are coming off a win against Nevada......ORU has been on a long two week road trip....hopefully, the boys have been getting their rest since the Milwaukee win but practicing hard for Weber....Ogden is generally a tough place to play....I do not believe that ORU has ever won there....in fact, I recall us losing a particularly tough game at Weber State back in the mid 70's and getting some bad calls by the refs prompting OR to say that we would never return to Ogden again......well, time heals all wounds and now we are back again...we lost a tournament game up there about two years ago........I don't really have much of a feel for this one.....we have played well at times and awful at times during this young season.....and usually we don't play well on the road....the Golden Eagles need to get some points from sources other than Emegano and Billbury otherwise it's very difficult to win....so i am not very optimistic about this one tonight.....TheEagleman would love to see our record evened at 3-3 but I will say about 68-65 for the Wildcats of Weber State..... :sweat:

Playing at Weber State in Ogden reminds me a lot of playing Stew Morrill's Utah State teams in Logan:  big, aggressive teams in a really tough, higher-altitude environment where you feel like you're on your heels from the opening tip.

Just staying close would be a moral victory; winning would arguably be the highpoint of the season so far.

Hard to tell from just the scores but it looks like Weber St may be trying to find itself as much as we are. That margin of victory vs Nevada doesn't look great when you see you that Nebraska-Omaha torched the Wolf Pack 78 – 54 on Saturday. 

Fri, Nov 14
@
-m-05cf6____56x42.pngUtah St.
L 61 - 72
Final

Fri, Nov 21
vs
-m-05d02t2__56x42.pngIllinois St.
L 73 - 64
Final

Sat, Nov 22
vs
-m-026dqjm__56x42.pngLSU
L 72 - 58
Final

Mon, Nov 24
vs
-m-0260q0x__56x42.pngNevada
W 56 - 59
Final

Hard to tell from just the scores but it looks like Weber St may be trying to find itself as much as we are. That margin of victory vs Nevada doesn't look great when you see you that Nebraska-Omaha torched the Wolf Pack 78 – 54 on Saturday. 

For what it's worth, Omaha is looking pretty salty in their last season of transition from D-2:  last week, they beat Marquette - in Milwaukee!

UNO beating Marquette AND Nevada...very impressive.....and they are still not eligible for the Summit Tournament this year???... :nerd:

Two annoying trends in sports:

1. Singular nicknames - Thunder, Shock, etc. except for soccer, which has done it for decades.

2. Shortening names for arenas - the Dee, the Joe, etc.

Hummm....Mabee Center.....the Bee?..... :|

Starting lineup: Emegano, Billbury, Webber, Conley and Henderson. Going with a bigger line up.

Frank Spencer on the officiating crew tonight. He's been a thorn in the side of ORU for years. So far not hearing any officiating objections from Geoff.

lesson not learned from a couple games ago about having a foul to give and end of half situations.

once again ORU fails to foul and gives up a 3 pointer at the buzzer.

that is basketball 101....unbelievable.

poor execution to end both halves.  it took a team effort to lose that one....coaches and players.  

tough loss.

How do you lose a 6-point lead with :40 left in the game?

1.  No point guard to run the offense.

2.  Missed free throws.

3.  Not getting out on the perimeter on the three-point attempts.

It's really a shame:  the guys played well enough to win the game, till literally the last minute.

But I'm afraid that may not be the last time we see a similar ending, unless someone - some how - learns how to handle the ball and make free throws down the stretch in close games.

Hope this does not crush the team's spirit/confidence. Will be a test for both the players and coaches. The guys have to shake it off and concentrate on Missouri State.