Milwaukee: The Perfect Storm?

Old Titan

Well, a win is a win. It is hard to figure as OT pointed out. We beat the two best teams on our schedule so far, and lose to the three worst. Congrats on getting it done!

LOL - and I take it I'm the "doom and gloom" guy?

Solid first half from ORU today vs. Milwaukee, similar to the game at Missouri.

Hope they can maintain the effort in the second half! :clap:

Well, you weren't exactly the "finest hour" guy in that post!

A great win, despite the rough finish.

Basketball is generally a game of scoring runs, so it's hard to be critical of a team that faces a late run, and still holds on for the victory - especially when they're playing their second game in less than 24 hours.  Very solid win - and a great confidence builder - which may come back to pay dividends later in the season. 

• Upvote 1

Very good win against a tough opponent. Let's hope the guys gain confidence and are able to build on what they have learned.

So Billbury had a big 3 point play with 6 seconds left and finished with 19 points and 11 boards....big effort by #24..... :clap:

ANY win after the last two games ORU played is a great win.

Can't help but wonder if the last 24 hours represents a microcosm of how Scott Sutton's squads have historically fared better against big ol' Midwestern teams (like Milwaukee, and those in the Summit) than it has against smaller, quicker teams from the South (like La-La and the Southland teams).

ORU's backcourts the last several years just seem to have trouble with lightning-quick guards, which the Summit does not have a lot of, while ORU's undersized yet mobile big men seem to enjoy more success against the lumbering Clydesdales from up north than they do against the jumping-jacks they often encounter(ed) in Dixie.

Just a thought; hopefully bodes well for conference play...

Seems to me that Scott has been too liberal with his substitution pattern through the first few games. Looks like it settled down a bit last night.

Still, I'd like to see Darian Harris get more than 7 mins. Even if we go through some on the court growing pains with him, I bet the pay off would be worth it.

Really need to find that consistent third scoring threat ... Henderson, Word, Conley ... who will it be?

Yes, Gold....ORU needs someone to put the ball in the hole besides Obi and Korey....Bobby Word would be the most likely guy but TheEagleman was hoping for more out of Lee and Harris....the season is still young so let's see how the next month plays out before the Summit League schedule starts......this next game at Weber State will be no easy task...Ogden is a tough place to play and ORU has never won there......the Wildcats are off to the same 2-3 start as ORU...they don't score much....they don't shoot well and they don't get good PG play....sound familiar?..... :|

I haven't seen much out of Harris yet.  Not to justify more playing time.  I have seen more out of Owens for sure and he isn't playing much either.

The end of that game reminded me of one of those World War II movies where the crippled bomber is approaching the landing strip, engines sputtering & smoke billowing, and you're just waiting on the edge of your seat to see whether it lands safely or goes nose-first into the ground.

Well, the landing gear may have collapsed while the props ripped off on impact, but everyone survived this time out:  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

ORU has now defeated arguably the two best teams on their schedule so far, while losing to the three worst.  Go figure...  :razz:

For effect, OT.

Great ending to the movie, but the actual final mission of the Memphis Belle was uneventful. Then they were sent home.

I took a ride on that plane in the movie last summer. Pretty cool.

That's it, Doc - good find!!

The metaphorical "wheel-lowering" to save the day was Bilbury converting the conventional 3-point play with :06 to go; one of only two or three field goals scored by ORU in the final 10 minutes of the game.