Milwaukee: The Perfect Storm?

Old Titan

I can't think of a more dangerous spot for ORU than the "trap game" they have with Milwaukee today in Las Vegas. 

With Tuesday night's debacle vs. Louisiana-Lafayette ending at 10pm Tulsa time, tip-off for Wednesday's matinee at 3pm is just 17 hours removed.

Milwaukee is a tough mid-major, with a day's rest after defeating the Ragin' Cajuns on Monday at the MGM Grand.  They were a popular pick to win the Horizon League this year.

And ORU is currently playing perhaps its worst basketball in Scott Sutton's 16 years as a head coach.

Add it all together, and it spells t-r-o-u-b-l-e for a reeling ORU program whose season already appears to be hanging in the balance.

Here's hoping they can right the ship today and at least be competitive.

After all, it's just November - still over 25 games left in the season to get this thing corrected!  :clap:

ORU up 33-25 at the end of the first half.....Billbury with 14 and Word with 6......Expect a Miracle!.... :eagles:  :eagles:

much better from ORU today.   good to see them bounce back and to see them hit double digits for FGs in a half.

Billbury is willing the team towards a victory...need some production from Obi in the second half to finish off Milwaukee.

• Upvote 1

Obi storms out of the halftime, four buckets and an assist before the first media timeout, with ORU up by 11.

ORU shooting 43% with 17 field goals in 24 minutes.

Scott and Sean must have let them have it last night after the ULL game.....or maybe he just let the boys have a night on the town?.....lol.... :nerd:

good stat line from Conley so far....8pts, 4-4 FT, 5 reb, 2 blk and only 2 fouls. :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

this is the Brandon Conley ORU needs every game.

What is this "assist" thing you're talking about? We're allowed to do that? If the guys have figured that out, things are looking up.

ORU has hit the wall midway through the second half:  5-point lead with 6:00 to go, no field goals in five minutes, gotta get to the line to hang on.

ORU goes over SEVEN MINUTES without a field goal before Obi hits a jumper with 3:29 to go - good guys still hanging on by six points.

ORU blows a 15 pt second half lead, but hangs on :clap: :clap: :clap:

i think the 2 games in under 24 hours got them the last 10 minutes or so.

ORU 69  Milwaukee 66.....amazing win considering the poor effort last night......Gosh, I love this team.....LOL..... :eagles:

Obi ended up leading ORU with 20....by the way....hard to believe but Vegas only had Milwaukee as a 1 point favorite in this game.....they must not have been watching ORU games the past week.... :nerd:

ORU wins!!  I about had a heart attack with that ending, and I only caught the last 30 sec of the game (again).  Glad I at least heard that.  Got to be a HUGE monkey off the back of the team.  I'm thrilled with the win, but concerned about letting a 15 pt lead get away. Coach has got to be relieved.  Guess we'll find out soon.

The end of that game reminded me of one of those World War II movies where the crippled bomber is approaching the landing strip, engines sputtering & smoke billowing, and you're just waiting on the edge of your seat to see whether it lands safely or goes nose-first into the ground.

Well, the landing gear may have collapsed while the props ripped off on impact, but everyone survived this time out:  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

ORU has now defeated arguably the two best teams on their schedule so far, while losing to the three worst.  Go figure...  :razz:

• Upvote 1