Interesting...

ORUalum

while searching "oru" on twitter during halftime to see if there was any insight on what the heck was going on...i saw this pop up:

S/o to my boy @Big_CMiller for committing to ORU

— RJ (@RjFuqua)

November 9, 2014

still hoping to see to see young Fuqua end up in an ORU uniform in a few years.

LINK

EDIT:

Ben Johnson of the TW confirms:

#ORUmbb picked up a verbal commit tonight. Booker T. Washington's Chris Miller plans on signing with ORU. #okpreps

— Ben Johnson (@BenJohnsonTUL)

November 9, 2014
  • Upvote 1

Chris Miller is listed at 6'7" and 245 pounds. I like the size.

We have four seniors and now prospectively four high school signees

We have 2 Seniors and 4 new recruits verbal . Wilson has been nowhere on the court the last  2 games? That would only be 3 available at most.

Could lose a couple off this present roster for next year. Time will tell. :fubar:

I think before the last game they announced he had been suspended.  The past two games he hasn't been present during the games - at least not that I've seen.  He hasn't been present on the bench, in or out of uniform.   I did some checking last night about whether he was still on campus and was told that he has been attending classes - so at least he's still around. 

I don't know if his disappearance from the bench is indicative of anything or not, but it's definitely caught the attention of a lot of people.

I saw Miller play a couple of times last season as a junior.  Body type is similar to AJ Owens, not sure if he's as athletic, but he has great hands, with nice touch and a variety of moves around the bucket.

He's the kind of big man ORU can always use:  maybe a bit of a project, but it he has a good work ethic, the Summit League is the perfect place for him to play in the post (where he might be overmatched in the high-majors).

Awesome that, after a four-decade long drought, ORU has landed two Booker T. products in the span of three seasons.

Let's hope Miller turns out to be as nice of a find as diamond-in-the-rough BTW grad Korey Billbury has turned out.

• Upvote 1

from Ben Johnson's blog, i guess Billbury gets an assist on Miller

LINK

"Billbury told me he just loved ORU and it would be a good fit for me," Miller said.
During his junior season at Booker T. Washington, Miller averaged 12.4 points and 13 rebounds a game. He also added 3.1 blocks per game.
"I'm very excited to play for ORU next year because it felt like a family," said Miller, who was also fielding interest from Arkansas, Georgia, Arizona State and Eastern Illinios.

between his coverage at the TW and his personal blog, i have been impressed with Johnson's coverage of ORU.

Sorry - did not proof read my post. I meant we have two seniors and now four verbal commitments from high school seniors.

Recent history teaches us that at least one of these four recruits will not be academically eligible to either enroll or play next year, and/or at least one player on the current roster will transfer/flunk out/etc.

In other words:  the numbers always seem to work themselves out.

Spot on OT. Like our new recruits so far. As I have watched both games , I believe we still need a point guard. After Obi and Billbury we slide a little. However, the 360 spin move and left handed bounce pass to AJ  for that dunk at the 2  minute mark was an eye opener that Derrick Lee has some skills. Would like to see us play Brandon, Henderson and Owens with Obi and Billbury. :fubar:

I think before the last game they announced he had been suspended.  The past two games he hasn't been present during the games - at least not that I've seen.  He hasn't been present on the bench, in or out of uniform.   I did some checking last night about whether he was still on campus and was told that he has been attending classes - so at least he's still around. 

I don't know if his disappearance from the bench is indicative of anything or not, but it's definitely caught the attention of a lot of people.

great news!

i caught the last 15 min of the coaches show on tunein and Geoff asked Coach Sutton about Drew.  he said Drew will return to the team this week and will be available Saturday for Tulsa.  he went on to say that Drew is a fine young man from a great family, but he broke a rule and had to suffer some consequences.

• Upvote 1

When the previous commits were announced, I was intrigued, but not overly excited - as I kept asking myself, "Where's the beef?".  That question has now been answered - and the anticipation level continues to grow.

• 4 months later...

another interesting find while searching oral roberts basketball on twitter

LINK

probably a big time long shot and not sure there is an hour there, but maybe one of the 15 minute shorts.

Think about it....a school that had only been in existence for 6-7 years and only in D-1 for 3 years made the elite 8 and was just 2 minutes away from a Final Four appearance....that will never happen again....anywhere..... :nerd: