Jasauen Beard

BlueGold

Please pray for freshman Jasauen Beard, who had surgery today to repair the ACL and meniscus in her left knee that she tore a couple of Thursdays ago. 

I don't know what the prognosis is for her recovery or how long it will take for her to come back from it, but I believe she'll come back strong.  She's made of tough stuff and is already determined to make her comeback. 

I took this from her Twitter account after the surgery:  "Yes I asked "why me Lord, why me?" Then I [came] to realize that God has a plan for me."  #TheComeback

I'm praying first for her to regain a normal life with no limitations, then for her return to basketball stronger than she's ever been.

We're going to miss her while she's out.  I could have easily seen her as a starter at small forward this season.  She's athletic and aggressive around the net, has the rep as a good shot blocker at 5-11, and is a fierce competitor.  I think that trait in particular will drive her through her rehab.

Stay strong, Jasauen!

Just found out on Twitter that Jasauen will be out for the season due to the injury to her ACL.