2014: ORU vs TU

SOLO_Gold

ESPN3 isn't so bad....TheEagleman had the game on his phone and computer..... :nerd:

ESPN3 isn't so bad....TheEagleman had the game on his phone and computer..... :nerd:

Bob Carpenter is a good announcer but he had a very bad night.  He seemed to not know the roster (kept calling Swannigan - Albert Owens).  He misidentified so many players on foul calls.  It was either rust or lack of homework.  At one point in the second half he states..."You know, ORU used to have 'Believe in Miracles' on the Court."  Manzer had to correct him that it's Expect a Miracle, but did not embarrass him by saying it's on the baseline in really large letters.

Manzer was great as usual.

Carpenter is a lazy announcer. A lot of the time he just coasts and relies on platitudes. Nice guy though.

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to Scott Sutton, the coaches and the team on a great win. After that coaching job, I've got a new name for Coach Sutton ... "Chessmaster."

Nice job all around.

Spot On Alum! I felt the same way about Carpenter...numerous mistakes...said ORU had home and home with a Weber St., instead on Missouri St. , at least what I thought I heard....

• Upvote 1

Great coaching job by Sutton.

Several key timeouts stopped momentum shifts. 

Manser is a fine color man....he picked up Carpenter several times....Scott Sutton had one of his best nights in the past few years.....great effort by ORU....we won by 9 and didn't come close to playing our best game.....our next opponent Mizzou lost to UMKC last night.....plays Valpo tomorrow....this Tiger team isn't going to be all that good....call TheEagleman crazy but ORU has a shot to win this one if we bring our A game........ :nerd:

Manser is a fine color man....he picked up Carpenter several times....Scott Sutton had one of his best nights in the past few years.....great effort by ORU....we won by 9 and didn't come close to playing our best game.....our next opponent Mizzou lost to UMKC last night.....plays Valpo tomorrow....this Tiger team isn't going to be all that good....call TheEagleman crazy but ORU has a shot to win this one if we bring our A game........ :nerd:

I think you may be right. Haith didn't leave much at Mizzou when he left for TU.

How embarrassed must the Tiger faithful be to have their beloved black and gold lose to UMKC?....ouch!..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

things you learn from reading the TU message board after a loss to ORU...

they lost because:

1. the refs

2. ORU PA announcer

3. ORU band was mic'd up

4. ORU student section dared to cheer against TU and state that they suck.

5. the game is more important to ORU

amazing that the players on the court or the coaching had nothing to with tonight's outcome.

Just a couple additional comments....the crowd sounded pretty loud and looked good on TV with most of the gold seats filled....still, 6,534 is a little disappointing....TheEagleman thought we would get at least 7500 or more....maybe it was just a pipe dream....also, 60 fouls called in this game by the officials....are you kidding me?....Coach Haith started complaining in the first 15 seconds after two early TU fouls.....60 is a bit ridiculous and really made the game very disjointed......the NCAA has to do something...the constant fouling in the final two minutes of games is a joke.... :puke:

Hey TU fans......77-68.......ORU 1-0....TU 0-1....enough said....Gotta love it!........ :* :* :*

Coach coached a whale of a game. That was obvious to me. Then. Obi, Korey, Bobby, Jabbo, Big Albert, Drew and company were tougher and better.

• Upvote 2

Always fun to read the Tulsa board after ORU beats them. They are in meltdown mode and have said they should never schedule ORU again. Obi was the best player on the court tonight

“I feel like coming into the season, they look forward to this game more than we do,†Tulsa forward D’Andre Wright said. “I feel like that they have it circled on their schedule that they want to beat us and we kind of look at them as another nonconference game.â€

Nice. Translation: "Some of the games on our schedule we don't circle, because, we really don't want to win those."

Huh?

“I feel like coming into the season, they look forward to this game more than we do,†Tulsa forward D’Andre Wright said. “I feel like that they have it circled on their schedule that they want to beat us and we kind of look at them as another nonconference game.â€

Uh oh. Looks like 'ol D'Andre might be running a few laps.

'Regarding Wright’s comment about ORU looking forward to the game more, Haith said: “Nobody should be looking forward to a game more than us. That mentality we have to fix.

“We have to be ready to play every time we lace them up. ... That’s disappointing, but we are going to get that fixed. I promise you that.â€'

.....60 is a bit ridiculous and really made the game very disjointed......the NCAA has to do something...the constant fouling in the final two minutes of games is a joke.... :puke:

Missed the game because we had a wedding to attend, but when we left the reception we got in the car, turned on the game, and there was a minute thirty left. We drove all the way from downtown Tulsa to south Broken Arrow before the end of the game. Took about twenty minutes to finish that 1:30. Of course, I was very happy to get to listen in at the end, but it sure does drag out the game.