2014: ORU vs TU

SOLO_Gold

I had no idea on the line, but earlier today I stated on the TU message board that I would put the line at TU -7.

Sounds about right.

• Upvote 1

voice,

any word on what the athletic dept is expecting  for crowd size?  looks like the lower bowl is sold except for a few scattered  single seats.

really hope the students and admin show up in big numbers.

any chance of  8K +?

I was in chapel today - and the game was mentioned several times.  The promo video with Korey was also shown - and received a hearty cheer - so I am hopeful for a good turnout from the students.  And, if the precipitation holds off until Sunday morning (as is now the forecast), it will definitely help the walkup numbers.

• Upvote 1

Here we are...it's opening night at Mabee Center....Homecoming....Mayor's Cup.....Big crowd....and a must win for the good guys to get off to a good start on what will be a difficult opening schedule.......so LET's DO IT!....GO ORU!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :clap:

I am in T-town for Homecoming. There is a lot of "Buzz" among the students and those alums who are back in town about this game. I think there will be a really nice crowd tonight. They are telling the students who will be working the game tonight for KORU/Oracle to be in Mabee at the latest by 5:15 pm as they are expecting a very large crowd on hand at gametime. The game will be live-streamed on ESPN3. It is gameday in Tulsa. GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

TU is a 5 point favorite according to the Vegas line.....TheEagleman will take ORU plus the points.....GO BLUE!!!.... :nerd:....by the way....anybody notice that NDSU got rolled last night at Texas by 35?...in fact, every Summit team lost except for IPFW who played a small non D-1 team....tough night for our league..... :|

All we need now is a Titan Train in the student section!...... :nerd:

good first half for ORU.  the game looked too big for Harris and Lee and Sutton had to pull them after limited court time.  i expect Sutton to stick with his upperclassmen in the second half.  if ORU can win the first four minutes in the second half it should be an exciting finish.  TU really stole the momentum with that late run.

29-25 ORU at half but we had a 10 point lead that we frittered away late....sloppy bad shots and we are getting murdered inside with our small line up...still we are ahead and have not played or shot well (9-25)....Webber, Obi and Billbury all with 8 points.....TheEagleman agrees with Alum that we need to come out strong.....we can't let TU keep the momentum they got at the end of the half.... :nerd:

ORU up 68-57 with 2 min left...Obi has 23.....Word and Billbury 14 each.....gotta hold on for this big upset win.....we have already lost Conley, Word and Henderson to fouls.....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!... :sweat:

73-63 ORU with 55 seconds left......GO BLUE!.... :clap:

WE WIN!!!!!.....ORU 77 TU 68.....YA GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Obi leads with 26 and 7....Billbury 18 and 11......Word 14 and Webber 10.....there is no joy at 11th and Harvard......TU fans can't be happy losing to "lowly" ORU two years in a row.....the Mayors Cup remains at 7777 South Lewis..... :nerd: