Big News?

ORUIllini

My Top 3 Guesses: 

1. The seats are going to be re-covered to Navy blue.

2. We're playing an opponent from a major program at the Mabee Center.

3. We will actually retire jersey's & numbers so that they will never be used again.

4. Coach Eddie Sutton will be on the bench at home games this year.

5. We just signed 2 major blue chip recruits who are both 6'11, 265 lbs. and they will both be approved to play in November. 

I think it might be #1 but it's just a guess. Long over due.

#6. Caleb Green has an extra year of eligibilty and is coming back to revitalize the basketball team.

My Top 3 Guesses: 

1. The seats are going to be re-covered to Navy blue.

2. We're playing an opponent from a major program at the Mabee Center.

3. We will actually retire jersey's & numbers so that they will never be used again.

4. Coach Eddie Sutton will be on the bench at home games this year.

5. We just signed 2 major blue chip recruits who are both 6'11, 265 lbs. and they will both be approved to play in November. 

#4 seems plausible

For mid-September this is like Christmas! I'm gonna go with SoloGold and guess ORU is becoming a Nike Elite program with all new uni's.

Whatever it is, at the very least it has generated some pre-season excitement!

How about Wichita State and Missouri State both leaving the Valley for the Summit??? Or, all four (4) D-I programs in Oklahoma (TU, OSU, OU and ORU) have agreed to play each other every year on a home one year away the next year basis???

Love it, OT. One other thought, could it be that Nachos and Cheese will now be sold for 50 cents and Pepsi/Coke products for 25 cents at all home games?

Thought about it some more and have changed my list.

Recovering seats wouldn't be just big news for the #ORUMBB program so I'm ruling that one out.

1. Nike or Jordan uniform contract. 

2. Seating arrangements changes that would bring the fans closer to the floor.  

Your are dreaming ORU82 but my grandkids would love it ! Just get on with it. The suspense is getting to me.

Your are dreaming ORU82 but my grandkids would love it ! Just get on with it. The suspense is getting to me.

Don't let the suspense get to you, Grad. You will might be really disappointed if the anticipation builds too much. Best to let it ride and be pleasantly surprised. 

that pic got me to wondering how an oklahoma st guy knows and all of us don't.  then i clicked on the account and it made perfect sense...."ORU Assistant A.D. for Marketing. OSU Athletics fan."

i really wish ORU would add a school of business.

• Upvote 1

Why are we paying a guy to be an Assistant AD who on the same Twitter Account appears to care more about OSU? Edit: I guess his account is private and not part of the University. Sorry.

Here's an idea from left-field:  based on the timing of the announcement, my (completely unsubstantiated) wild guess is that a "celebrity" speaker has been secured for the basketball Courtside Countdown banquet.

Any chance that might be CBS broadcaster, nationally-syndicated talk show host, and (wait for it) former OSU Cowboy point guard Doug Gottlieb? 

And the "approval" they are waiting for is him confirming his schedule for that date?

i don't think a Gottlieb appearance would rate as "huge news" or "big news" to even the most loyal OSU cowboy fanatic.  bust out the Coach K facepalm pics if this is what it ends up being.

Here's an idea from left-field:  based on the timing of the announcement, my (completely unsubstantiated) wild guess is that a "celebrity" speaker has been secured for the basketball Courtside Countdown banquet.

Any chance that might be CBS broadcaster, nationally-syndicated talk show host, and (wait for it) former OSU Cowboy point guard Doug Gottlieb? 

And the "approval" they are waiting for is him confirming his schedule for that date?

If this is the news then the @ORUMBB twitter account should receive the award for the most overhyped tweet of the year. Doug is cool but huge news?

Good guess, OT. I bet you're right. 

The criticisms of Richard McCutchen are off base. He was born and raised in Tulsa. He grew up coming to ORU games with his parents. His family donates, buys tickets, supports ORU. And, he has done a fine job working in the ORU athletic department. Just because he went to college and also supports OSU (in his personal time/life), is not a reason to criticize him.

He's a really good dude...