ORU at Central Arkansas

theeagleman5

The ORU ladies go on the road to start the soccer season at Central Arkansas tomorrow afternoon.....the Golden Eagles should have a pretty good team this year so TheEagleman is expecting a big effort in the opening match....Go Blue!.... :eagles:

I'm a little worried about our back line, but this could be a good match for us to start out the season with, even though it's on the road.  UCA is picked sixth in the 12-team Southland, and we played pretty well away from home last season, so hopefully things will be in the ladies' favor tomorrow afternoon in Conway.

Okay, so according to information on both the UCA and Summit League websites, the match tomorrow at Central Arkansas is listed as an exhibition.  It's not listed as an exhibition under the upcoming events, on the women's soccer schedule or in the release about the schedule on the ORU athletics website.  So now it's got me wondering- exhibition or not?

I wouldn't think we'd drive over three hours each way to Conway for an exhibition.  I'd expect if we had any exhibition matches, we'd host them.

Expect the unexpected.  As just updated recently on ORU's website, the ladies' match tomorrow at Central Arkansas is an exhibition.  Even though it won't officially count when we win, go Eagles anyway!

ORU wins 4-0 in their exhibition match at Central Arkansas this afternoon.  Two goals from Kayla Nsien, one each from Kayla Keller and Amanda Dial.  Maddie Rhodes was in goal for the first 89 minutes before being subbed out by Anissa Arenas.  And speaking of subs, 14 others got into the match.  Good experience for them, especially the underclassmen, and a good opportunity for the coaches to evaluate them in a match-type setting.

The ladies open the regular season at home next Friday, August 22nd against Utah at the Case Soccer Complex.

Way to go Golden Eagles!

Impressive road win for the ORU ladies today.....this team looks like they will be very good....TheEagleman hopes that a big crowd will show up to support them next Friday night at Case in the home opener vs. Utah..... :clap: