Reggie Tate

theeagleman5

TheEagleman works for CSAA Insurance in the Hamilton, NJ Contact Center....I am in systems support and we also have a large Contact Center in Oklahoma City and I often get calls for help from that office....late this afternoon, I got a call from the OKC center from a new employee named Reggie who needed help....as I was working on his policy I asked him if he was a Thunder fan and we got talking roundball...he mentioned in the conversation and he mentioned that he played in HS and College....when I asked him where, he said OKC Marshall and ORU....LOL.....turns out it was Reggie Tate....he was pretty surprised that I was an ORU graduate....he mentioned that he played with Chad Wilkenson, Nathan Binam and Kyan Brown....long story short....TheEagleman will be travelling to OKC for some training next week and Reggie and I plan to get together after work for a cold one or two.....I will be looking forward to that..... :nerd:

• Upvote 3

I hear ya, Mrs. Smith.....but my schedule is really determined by my bosses so I am at their beckon call....lol....in 2011 I did come out in November and got to see ORU-UTSA up at Stillwater where I met OKCEagle, Old Titan, and ORUTerry.....but TheEagleman has not been back to Mabee Center since 1976.....it's on my bucket list for sure.....I will probably be at Abuelos Restaurant on Memorial in OKC Monday night perhaps even with Reggie...  :nerd:

• 2 weeks later...

TheEagleman has returned from a week in rainy/cold OKC.....i got to meet and chat briefly with Reggie Tate....big guy.....he recalls fondly his two years at ORU.....was hoping to get to a OKC Redhawks game on Thursday night and we did get to the stadium but the game was cancelled due to rain.....just my luck.....rain in OKC in July?..... :nerd:

I sure did with the temps....but was disappointed that i didn't get to see the Redhawks play Nashville....OKC has a nice little stadium downtown....TheEagleman did enjoy a burger and a $1 Blue Moon while waiting......in chatting with Reggie, hard to believe but the man has never been back to Mabee Center since he left ORU in 2000.....he said that he will contact former teammate Kyan Brown to see about coming back because he wants his son to see where he played basketball.....he did say that he really enjoyed playing at ORU.....although his first choice was OSU but he didn't meet the requirements to get in at Stillwater.....he went to St. Gregory...then Conners JC and then ORU.....he's a very nice man...... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

So in the catagory of It's a Small World.....Reggie Tate's sister has moved to NJ and is working here at CSAA Insurance....and now she sits right next to me here in the office....she is an OSU grad but loves ORU..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1