The Report on Doug Wojcik

Old Titan

In case you haven't seen it in it's entirety, here is the investigative report on former Tulsa head psycho coach Doug Wojcik that was released/leaked on Thursday:

Investigative Report - Doug Wojcik 2014

Only thing I can say is, "WOW."

I think the only reason he hasn't been canned yet is because firing a former Naval officer on the 4th of July would therefore become the story, instead of his ridiculously unprofessional behavior the past two years at College of Charleston.

But, if he still has a job by Monday night, I'll be stunned...

Geez.....this guy is a sicko.....how do coaches like this keep getting jobs?......hopefully after this we will have heard the last of "Coach" Wojcik............... :puke:

Wojcik is not going without a fight. 

He's reportedly confided in family and friends that he knows he's a dead man walking at CofC, and is refusing to negotiate any kind of settlement with CofC on the remaining three years of contract.  He has instead announced publicly that he will not resign, and has hired an attorney out of Kansas City who specializes in representing coaches in contract and settlement fights.  His goal is to get the school to fire him outright, so he can get all three years of his remaining salary.

The school, meanwhile, has its lawyers digging for any evidence that would give them grounds for firing him "with cause", meaning they don't have to pay him anything.  Which is tricky, because the wrong kind of dirt on Wojcik might leave the athletic department looking either clueless, or worse, duplicitous.

Could get drawn out and ugly, but one thing seems certain:  Wojcik has coached his last game at CofC, and most likely at the D-1 level.

In case you haven't seen it in it's entirety, here is the investigative report on former Tulsa head psycho coach Doug Wojcik that was released/leaked on Thursday:

Investigative Report - Doug Wojcik 2014

Only thing I can say is, "WOW."

I think the only reason he hasn't been canned yet is because firing a former Naval officer on the 4th of July would therefore become the story, instead of his ridiculously unprofessional behavior the past two years at College of Charleston.

But, if he still has a job by Monday night, I'll be stunned...

skimmed the report.......my take away was that Wojcik proved to be a bigger jerk than Rick Barry.  Barry is a Hall of Fame jerk and for Wocjik to get Barry to stand down gave me a bit of respect for Wocjik. 

i think OT is right that Dougie has coached his last game at CofC.  no excuse for publicly belittling your players.

The first 2 years that Wojcik was at TU he would verbally wear out his players at nearly every timeout.  It did seem like over his last 1-2 years at TU that he mellowed a little bit.  I thought he maybe learned that that wasn't the most effective way to instruct his players.  Perhaps he simply toned down his "in-game" coaching style, but didn't tone down his style during practice.  Or maybe he reverted back to his previous style out of frustration with his COC team.

I have a friend who used to see Doug at soccer games because both of their children played on the same soccer team.  He would talk with Doug regularly and said that he was a really nice guy to talk to and he didn't have that intense type of demeanor in a normal social setting.  I always felt that Doug kinda got the shaft at TU, but when a coach decides to dig in his heels legally like he is doing now, he will be burning his bridges for any significant future jobs. 

The first 2 years that Wojcik was at TU he would verbally wear out his players at nearly every timeout.  It did seem like over his last 1-2 years at TU that he mellowed a little bit.  I thought he maybe learned that that wasn't the most effective way to instruct his players.  Perhaps he simply toned down his "in-game" coaching style, but didn't tone down his style during practice.  Or maybe he reverted back to his previous style out of frustration with his COC team.

I have a friend who used to see Doug at soccer games because both of their children played on the same soccer team.  He would talk with Doug regularly and said that he was a really nice guy to talk to and he didn't have that intense type of demeanor in a normal social setting.  I always felt that Doug kinda got the shaft at TU, but when a coach decides to dig in his heels legally like he is doing now, he will be burning his bridges for any significant future jobs. 

One of Wojcik's sons played "travel team" basketball with former ORU assistant coach Chris Crutchfield's son, and I would see the two dads quite a bit at tournaments that included my son's team.  In stark contrast to the always-friendly Crutchfield, Wojcik (and his wife) were pretty stand-offish, in that sort of "don't talk to me" kind of way.

I think the report confirms it:  just not a sociable guy, to say the least...

Andy Katz hosted OTL today on ESPN and seemed to be rallying support for Wojcik with Tom Izzo, and several other current and former coaches.

That's hilarious....from all reports, Coach Wojcik is a real tool.....he can't possibly have many friends.....but then again...... :nerd:

Andy Katz hosted OTL today on ESPN and seemed to be rallying support for Wojcik with Tom Izzo, and several other current and former coaches.

Katz is a long-time Wojcik promoter and apologist; used to prop up Dougie each spring in his columns for just about every major job that came open. 

Couldn't understand Katz's man-crush then, don't understand it now.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
College of Charleston President Glenn McConnell orders second investigation of Coach Doug Wojcik

College of Charleston President Glenn McConnell has ordered a second investigation of embattled basketball coach Doug Wojcik based on new allegations of a physical confrontation with a player and verbal abuse of athletic department staff.

One of the allegations in the new report includes a physical confrontation between Wojcik and former Cougar guard Trevonte Dixon, which occurred during a game in the 2012-13 season, multiple sources told The Post and Courier. A source also said a video of the confrontation between Wojcik and Dixon is part of the report.

CofC is looking for any dirt possible, to show "cause" for not paying him if/when they fire him.

• 2 weeks later...
College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik has been fired

The school announced that Wojcik was fired for cause, in accordance to the terms of his contract. He had $1.2 million remaining on his deal.

looks like you were right OT and the lawyers finally signed off on giving him the axe...

Hopefully Doug can be honest with himself and get some help. He should not be coaching young men - but watch him show up on a bench somewhere next year.

Hopefully Doug can be honest with himself and get some help. He should not be coaching young men - but watch him show up on a bench somewhere next year.

Despite his lip service to the contrary, he hasn't learned a thing from this ordeal:  his lawyer's statement re: suing CofC bear that out.  He's in total denial.

Any school that hires Wojcik in the future will have some serious explaining to do......this guy shouldn't be coaching anywhere.....I wouldn't even want him driving the team bus.....good riddance..... :*

Yes, good riddance, and keep him far away from this:

10494585_10152620337669892_5791836889328

Our new bus.  Pretty snazzy.

• Upvote 1

In all honesty, that may be the most boring college travel bus I have ever seen.

In this day of amazing vinyl wraps on vehicles everywhere, no montage of athlete action shots, or bouncing balls and athletic equipment, or a panoramic view of the campus, or just a measly pinstripe, or SOMETHING??

Now, HERE are some buses!!

Zoo_Bus.jpg?itok=UIXL8jSW

582.jpg

brewers.jpg

465664_10150994018801836_1486096812_o.jp

In comparison, will the ORU motor carriage evoke shock & awe with our opponents when it pulls into their parking lot?

Doubtful...

in fairness to the bus, it's impossible for our awful mascot to evoke anything other than laughter.