Both Tulsa D1 Schools Switched Neighborhoods This Week (Tulsa World)

Old Titan

it's going to be tougher to get the casual basketball fan to Mabee Center when TU is bringing in the likes of UCONN, Memphis, Cincy, SMU, Houston.  i'm not convinced TU is ready to compete with those teams, but their new league will definately bring "boxoffice appeal" to the Reynolds Center.

it's going to be tougher to get the casual basketball fan to Mabee Center when TU is bringing in the likes of UCONN, Memphis, Cincy, SMU, Houston.  i'm not convinced TU is ready to compete with those teams, but their new league will definately bring "boxoffice appeal" to the Reynolds Center.

This.

I'm not sure it has struck home yet at 81st & Lewis just how much more media coverage and fan interest TU is going to immediately cultivate from their new conference affiliation.

Unless, of course, the Golden Hurricane are simply overwhelmed by it in the W-L column...

I'm not sure it has struck home yet at 81st & Lewis just how much more media coverage and fan interest TU is going to immediately cultivate from their new conference affiliation.

and corporate $$$$.  will they continue the same level of advertising or purchasing of season tickets at ORU with a vastly superior slate of games at TU?

it might be a tough year for whoever is in charge of ticket sales if the community takes hold TU basketball and their new conference affiliation.

This new conference will most likely be good for TU in the long run even though they may take some early lumps....the quality of play is so much better.....compare the opponents mentioned above to those that will grace the floor of Mabee Center this season.....the ticket buying public is going to gravitate north to the TU campus.....moving to the Summit will probably be better for ORU over time but we surely need to upgrade our OOC home schedule......however, we can't compete with Cincy, Houston, Temple, Memphis and SMU....just not gonna happen.... :|