2014-2015 Roster

Old Titan

....has been posted on the new-look athletic department website:

ORU Men's Basketball 2014-2015 Roster

Conspicuously absent are incoming freshman Albert Owens, juco transfer Aaron Young, and Creighton transfer Darian Harris.

Hopefully, these omissions are mere technicalities that will be resolved by the time school starts.

....has been posted on the new-look athletic department website:

ORU Men's Basketball 2014-2015 Roster

Conspicuously absent are incoming freshman Albert Owens, juco transfer Aaron Young, and Creighton transfer Darian Harris.

Hopefully, these omissions are mere technicalities that will be resolved by the time school starts.

LOL - in the five minutes it took me to write that previous post, the roster was updated with all the missing names (plus a couple of presumed invited walk-ons).

That figures:  I couldn't have wished for a million dollars instead?? :doh:

• Upvote 1

Wow - does this staff or Athletic Department ever get it? ORU tradition doesn't mean anything to them. I know that #30 is not 'retired' yet, but letting a walk on wear it? How hard is it to say that they at least have to earn it? Christian Ratzlaff (walk on) is related to Micah Ratzlaff - a guard who played a few seasons for ORU 10+ seasons ago. But he should still have to earn the right to wear that number.

i hate to say i told you so, but i did suggest #30 would be issued a year ago when #'s 15 and 24 were brought out of the rafters and onto the court...

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Absolutely DISGUSTING!!!  Shame on Coach Sutton and Mike Carter.   They might as well give the walk-ons Acres' 42 and Caleb Green's 30!

No sense of tradition or honor...what a joke this decision is.

I hope Jimmie Tramel addresses this in the Tulsa World with reaction from Fuqua and Roberts' widow.

36 numbers less the retired jerseys and Greens #30 and that leaves 32 other numbers available to 15 players. (smh)

i know they are good people in the athletic dept, but they have proven once again that ORU's athletic traditions/history mean nothing to them.  lets forget the pretense, just change the school colors to OSU orange and black and be done with it.

Perhaps Ratzlaff is wearing #30 to honor Caleb.  Nevertheless, those numbers should be off limits.

TheEagleman is still pissed about 15 and 24 being given out.....now 30?......BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!............... :puke: :puke: :puke:

Maybe OT should post something about it.....he posted above and it took five minutes to correct the error....when OT speaks.....the ORU Athletic Dept. seems to listen..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

Issuing a not-yet-retired number to anyone on the roster doesn't bother me near as much as using the officially-retired numbers of Hall of Famers, especially when one of them is incapable of endorsing the move since he's deceased.

In my mind, it's just another example of the current athletic regime having, at best, token regard for ORU's basketball (athletic?) heritage.

Some day, there will be a change at the top of the athletic department, and/or the men's basketball program, and the topic can be revisited with the new powers that be.

But until then, I'm sad to admit it appears to be a waste of breath and keystrokes to complain about it...

Hard to believe that after 50 years ORU has not had an alumnus as Athletic Director or Head Basketball Coach.....another hearty BOOOOOOOOO!!!!.... :eagles:

:eagles: :eagles:  Mike Minyard for AD when Mr. Carter retires.    :eagles: :eagles:

• 1 month later...

My Tulsa insider, TrueBlue14, was on campus yesterday and spent a few minutes watching a pick-up game in the AC.  Two comments: 1) Korey Billbury looks very strong - his arms are ripped, and 2) Obi Emegano was showing no ill effects from his injury and was "all over the court" - at one point he stole a pass, drove the length of the court, and made a move "I've never seen anyone do before - except maybe Kobe".

I love to hear encouraging reports like this - especially in August!

• Upvote 1

It's now just 90 days until the ORU-TU opener at Mabee Center and TheEagleman is getting pumped up...let's hope the above is an indication that our guys are motivated to have an improved season and to keep the Mayors' Trophy at 7777 South Lewis..... :nerd:

I also wonder about Albert Owens and if all the players we expect to be on the roster are actually at ORU attending classes already.

I have been on campus for the past couple of days and it seems that's everyone is here. However, after apeaking with one player on the team it seems one player has left the team. Christian was the name I believe. He didn't say why, just he felt it would be best if he didn't stay with the team.

I have been on campus for the past couple of days and it seems that's everyone is here. However, after apeaking with one player on the team it seems one player has left the team. Christian was the name I believe. He didn't say why, just he felt it would be best if he didn't stay with the team

In an ironic bit of symmetry, that must be Christian Ratzlaff, the walk-on who was planning to wear Caleb Green's No. 30.

To quote radio host Jim Rome:  "Karma!!"

• Upvote 1