OSU at ORU

theeagleman5

Big game tonight at JLJ....would be nice to see ORU stomp on the Cowboys tonight...anybody going?.... :eagles:

ORU has blown a 6-1 early lead and now trails 8-7 to OSU in the 5th.....Giller couldn't hold the lead and the bullpen hasn't been much better....the Pokes have already committed four errors to help ORU's cause....sounds like a lot of action in front of the first sellout at JLJ in 10 years.....can't wait to hear on site details from TMH..... :nerd:

Dominico has just belted a 2 run double followed by another double by Trevino to put the Good Guys back in front at 9-8 and we still bat in the 5th... ....get ready for a long evening at JLJ.....not a lot of good pitching tonight.....scoring records in jeopardy....... :nerd:

Back to back RBI doubles by Dominico and Trevino have put ORU back up 10-8 in the 5th....looks like a long evening at JLJ....scoring records in jeopardy..... :nerd:

What a game! If we can pull out the victory, we will have swept the other D-I programs in Oklahoma. Go Golden Eagles!

Still  6 outs to get for ORU pitchers which is no gimme in a game like this but ORU pleasing the home crowd with a 14-8 lead now and still batting in the home 7th....Clement and McDavid have closed the door on OSU the past two innings.....wonder what percentage of the crowd is rooting for the Pokes?...probably close to half.....Go BLUE!.... :clap:

15-8 ORU with OSU batting in the 8th.....we only need to get five more outs and the Golden Eagles will get a big win over another in state rival..... :nerd:

Very impressive hitting display against such a strong team. Take that Rob Walton :)!

Beautiful evening, shirt sleeve weather, dead still air, great crowd for both teams, a really fun game!  ORUGoldeneagles.com says it was a sellout.  We got there late - top of the third - after the fireworks of the first two innings, and when OSU took the lead in the top of the fifth I thought the game was over.  But ORU came roaring back in the bottom of the fifth, and it was all ORU after that.  ORU pitching shut down OSU hitters after the fifth. The crowd thinned, and the OSU players' body language in the eighth inning showed that the game was over at that point.  I'll post a couple pics I took of the crowd. All in all a very fun, entertaining game!  And did I mention SIX errors by the number nine team in the nation?  It was student appreciation night, and lots of students there.  They had random drawings for gifts for students attending, and my son got fifty bucks cash in one of the drawings.  He's got a BIG test in accounting today, so he thought he'd use the money to improve his chances for a good grade by offering to buy Terry Unruh, his accounting professor who was at the game, a box of popcorn or something, but Mr. Unruh is a tough cookie, and he didn't take the bait!  All in fun, of course.

• Upvote 1

very cool pics tmh.  thanks for posting them.....great to see JLJ that full. 

it might be another 10 or 12 years before OSU comes back to JLJ after that beating by ORU. :party::-D:party:

I just read through the rest of the posts in this thread and I don't think I added anything new!!  I THOUGHT Geoff said the Cowboys were ranked at 9th in the nation, but Terry said 13th, and that was what an OSU fan we were with had thought, so that's probably correct.  I may have misunderstood what Geoff was saying.  And yes, Alum, it was WONDERFUL to see that crowd there.  Makes for a really fun game.  The early going didn't give the Poke fans much to cheer about, but they got loud in the top of the fifth!  ORU fans returned the favor in the bottom of the fifth.  But not a lot of the obnoxious smack talk that has (to me) marred some games I've gone to in the past.  We didn't have to listen to anything like "calling the hogs" like we do when Arkansas comes to town, either!  It was just a really great crowd and a fun game.

I just read through the rest of the posts in this thread and I don't think I added anything new!!

i enjoyed the story about the attempted bribe of, one of the all time great ORU profs, Mr. Unruh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like it was an amazing night at JLJ....so what was the % of OSU fans in attendence....over 50%???....huge win for ORU against a top 10 team and let's hope we can carry the momentum into the weekend because we surely need 2 of 3 at Corpus Christi.... :eagles:

TheEagleman works with a lot of people on my team from OKC and I am really giving them the business this morning after we have beaten OU twice and now OSU.....but I am sure that the Pokes will be looking for revenge when ORU travels to Stillwater in a couple weeks..... :nerd: