Postseason

ORUIllini

I know most of the talk since last night's loss has been centered around moving on to next season.....and even Coach Sutton in his interview with Hax when asked about a possible CIT bid said he didn't think a team that finished 6th in the Southland deserved a bid....

but I find it hard to believe after looking over this list of teams already invited to the CIT that ORU wouldn't be considered.....

I won't bore ya'll with every team's record and RPI, but, since I'm doing nothing but watch basketball tonight,  I did the research, and of the 19 teams, ORU has a better RPI than 8 of them, and the same or more wins than 7 of them.

It doesn't take much to get into the CIT so I choose to Expect A Miracle.....

http://bracketball.blogspot.com/2014_03_01_archive.html

Interesting website, Illini....thanks for sharing....That CIT is one goofy tournament...already 3 Ivy teams along with Grand Canyon invited.....geez.....that's really pathetic.....and you want something else that with make TheEagleman chuck his cookies?.....TU could be going to the dance with a win over Louisiana Tech tomorrow.....  :puke:

Very interesting. If that info holds true, we will have played No. 1 seeds - Wichita State and Wisconsin; No. 6 seed Baylor; No. 7 seed St. Louis; No. 9 seed Kansas State; No. 14 seed SFA and maybe Tulsa. That means approximately one-forth of our schedule is in the Big Dance. Not bad for strength of schedule.

Tulsa is dancing.  Manning better parlay this into another job....they will struggle in their new league next year.

Tulsa making it to the Dance just underscores (again) how good we could've been this year with a healthy Obi.

There's nothing better than Selection Sunday when your team is in the field.

I take these misses so personally that it ruins Selection Sunday all the way through the opening round every time ORU doesn't make it.

• Upvote 1

There's nothing better than Selection Sunday when your team is in the field.

I take these misses so personally that it ruins Selection Sunday all the way through the opening round every time ORU doesn't make it.

Particularly when OU, OSU and TU are in the field...