ORU vs. Sam Houston State (Southland Tournament)

ORUTerry

Wait....the players are reading this board?....Hi Obi...Hi Korey...Hi Brandon......TheEagleman loves you guys!.....Shawn, well....thanks for the two seasons.....good luck in the future.... :nerd:

Eagleman, your continued penchant for treating these players as commodities drives me crazy, and as much as I appreciate your sports enthusiasm, it really lowers my opinion of your judgment.

Commodities?....you read far too much into it, TMH...just having some fun...and yeah, sometimes TheEagleman even questions his own judgment.....end of the season losses always hurt and now no ORU roundball for another 8 months....it's always sad.....TheEagleman fully realizes that these are just kids....most under 21 years old....but hey....like most ORU fans I do wanna win.....and we haven't done too much of that this season.....just a little disappointed....but life goes on.....let's go Villanova, St. Joe's, Delaware and Wichita State!.... :clap:

I understand and appreciate your love for ORU and desire to win, Eagleman. My only thought is that some of those guys likely read the board, and when they see uncomplimentary stuff on here it very well could cause some hard feelings, even when not about the one reading, but about one of their friends. We don't want to do that - after all, we're some of the most rabid of ORU's fans! I don't think it's appropriate to use the anonymity of the message board to say things we wouldn't be willing to say to their face. Also, I think it's a little disingenuous to say that we won't miss a player that gave us the third highest scoring season in the history of Oral Roberts University - topped only one season each by Roberts and Fuqua, which is pretty lofty company - because he just didn't provide the toughness under the basket or the type of senior leadership we wanted. Our coaches should have recognized that and put him in a position in which he could excel, not try to make him into something that he wasn't. Not every kid is outstanding at every aspect of the game - if he is, his name is Kevin Durant or LeBron James. I get it that we hope to see these players to grow into the position they need to play, but in some cases it ain't happenin'.

I can say, without a doubt, that I WILL miss Shawn and his money-in-the-bank jump shot, whether he was 5 feet from the basket or 18. It was nearly a given in most games - it was always thrilling, and half the time looked impossible. Tell me, which shot counts more - a layup off the post or a 15 foot jump shot? Shawn was just better at one than the other, but for some reason we expected him to perform the one he wasn't good at.

• Upvote 1

I understand what you are saying, TMH....but TheEagleman just calls them like he sees them....hurt feelings?....well, so be it.....I agree that Shawn put up some very nice numbers for ORU....just sayin' that his 20 points a game are replaceable....and wish we had seen a little bit more senior leadership from #11....but I guess it's just not in his nature.....still, he's not a bad player and ORU was the better for having him in blue and gold..... :eagles:

I understand what you are saying, TMH....but TheEagleman just calls them like he sees them....hurt feelings?....well, so be it.....I agree that Shawn put up some very nice numbers for ORU....just sayin' that his 20 points a game are replaceable....and wish we had seen a little bit more senior leadership from #11....but I guess it's just not in his nature.....still, he's not a bad player and ORU was the better for having him in blue and gold..... :eagles:

Now THAT'S what I like to hear!! ;-)

Very interesting comments....it seems like a repeat of last year....Niles and Bell-Holter were capable of scoring, but never assumed that role of a true vocal leader, much like Sean this year....hopefully Brandon and Korey, along with Obi, will fill those shoes next year!