ORU at Northwestern State

theeagleman5

TheEagleman agrees that adding Roundtree and Emegano to the ORU starting line up would make a huge difference in our record for 2013-14...but yeah, D.J. Jackson has been a major disappointment....Singleton is a freshman so I will give him a one year pass.... :nerd:

Hard for me to give a "one year pass" to a point guard who looks to shoot first and misses free throws at critical times.

If you have a point guard who looks first to score rather than set up his teammates, plus is a poor free throw shooter, then you don't really have a point guard...

I have seen DJ and Singleton each do some good things this year including showing some improvement on defense at times, but they haven't been consistently good.  Really neither of them have stood out as the clear best choice at point guard.

i think of the two, DJ is the better option.  he is leading the SLC during league play in assist/turnover ratio.  i'm not sure what has happened to his offensive game.  it may be a confidence issue or the nagging leg injury.

if ORU is going to have any success in Katy, they will need better play from the PGs.