Summit Leauge Tourney- March Madness best kept secret

orumbb_insider

More Summit coaching news:  there will be at least one more new coach in the league for next season, as South Dakota has announced they will not retain interim coach Joey James:

James Out At South Dakota (hoopdirt.com)

If I recall correctly, Saul Phillips at North Dakota State interviewed for at least a couple of jobs last year.  He knows now is a critical time to make a move up the ladder:  he's going to get extra exposure if the Bison qualify for the NCAA tournament tonight, plus he loses a bunch of seniors (including POY Taylor Braun) off his league-champion squad for next year.

Here's the point:  Scott Sutton returns to the Summit with a huge advantage he did not have in the Southland - tenure within the league.  And all these coaching changes won't hurt, either...

Both SDSU teams gone already?....that's priceless.....probably record amount of Old Milwaukee consumed last night by the home fans to deaden the pain..... :rofl:  :rofl:

Obsession is a stinky cologne Looking forward to ORU joining our league next year. Hope you guys qualify for the Summit League tournament also..  

Well....there are a few fun things about going back to the Summit League.....sparring with the likes of Jackit, Fargo Bison, etc. is always an interesting way to spend the evening....somehow, I think ORU will qualify for the the tournament next season.....oh....breaking news.....Sioux Falls area is sold out of Old Milwaukee and Busch Light.....emergency supplies being trucked in from northern Wisconsin as we speak.... :jackrabbit:  :drunk:  :razz:

Pretty surprised that SDSU isn't going to have a team in either championship game. I bet there will be a fairly large attendence drop off.

"Attendance update: The three-session total in the women’s bracket is 12,347 through three sessions and the men 16,569.

Last year, the event totaled 21,158 on the women’s side and 23,710 for the men. Both were Summit records. This year’s tourney has two fewer games."

Looks like a nice turnout for the men's final in Sioux Falls including a bunch from Fort Wayne.....IPFW surprising NDSU at the half, 35-30.....The Mastodons have played very well thus far but still 20 minutes to play in front of the predominately pro-Bison crowd..... :nerd:

NDSU holds off IPFW to get the Summit title and the NCAA bid.....60-57......is it just me or has Taylor Braun been playing for NDSU forever?....is he on the 10 year plan?.....maybe next season when ORU returns to the Summit we can sneak Green and Tutt back in the blue and gold?..... :nerd:

NDSU finishes 25-6....TheEagleman is guessing they will be maybe a 13 seed come Sunday evening?.... :|

Anyone else notice that the broadcasters for the Summit League championship game gave a nice mention of ORU coming back into the conference next year? They complimented our program and said we we were a quality basketball school.

i saw it.  i also saw that PTI played the ELI vs IUPUI mascot video.    Kornheiser must love that video.

Obsession is a stinky cologne...

....says the upteenth-millionth SDSU fan trolling on the ORU message board. Who's obsessed with who?

Anyway, thanks for keeping the throne warm for a couple of seasons during our sabbatical..

We'll take it from here...